Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AC6V site QRT???  (Read 789 times)
N4EKZ

Ignore
« on: October 21, 2008, 04:07:19 AM »

I have only recently returned to ham radio. In looking for information on various ham related topics here on eham and other sites, I have often found links to AC6V's site but it is never up. I am assuming that it no longer exists, which is unfortunate as it apparently held a wealth of information.

Am I correct in my assumption? I certainly hope nothing untoward happened to AC6V.

Is there any similar site online that might be similar in content to AC6V?

Tnx...James...N4EKZ
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 04:59:13 AM »

http://www.ac6v.com/  Its up here...
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 07:30:01 AM »

Here, too at 14:30Z

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
N5ACK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:07:21 PM »

Rod was my very first contact after I received my Tech license 11 years ago, when I lived about 10 miles from him. He was a great man and will be missed very much.
N4EKZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 01:26:32 PM »

Well, I just don't understand why I can't bring this site up as others here obviously can.

I tried this link:  http://www.ac6v.com/

I tried it just now @1959 and get NOTHING (as in site not found)on both my laptop and my desktop computers and using both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Not only can I not bring it up today, but on various occasions when I have tried to bring it up over the last month or so I have not been able to bring it up either.

Stranger yet, I just called a friend and asked him to try and bring the site up and he could by entering "ac6v.com". I tried that and still can't.

Any suggestions as to why this might be the case here? What the heck is going on? I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but I consider myself at least fairly computer literate yet I can't account for this problem here.

And my condolences to the family and friends of AC6V. From what I have read online, he must have been a fine man and a ham who embodied the spirit of the hobby.

Thanks again for any help.
James
N4EKZ

KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 03:14:30 PM »

hi james,

please try to clear your browser cache,
then try it again.

73 james
N4EKZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 04:32:56 PM »

Thanks James,the suggestion to clear the cache was a good one and I tried it, but that still doesn't get me into the AC6V site. This really has me puzzled.

James
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 06:18:07 PM »

Just tried it at 0117Z 10-22-08 and it worked just fine.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
KI4WCK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 06:37:07 AM »

"I tried it just now @1959 and get NOTHING (as in site not found)on both my laptop and my desktop computers and using both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Not only can I not bring it up today, but on various occasions when I have tried to bring it up over the last month or so I have not been able to bring it up either.

Stranger yet, I just called a friend and asked him to try and bring the site up and he could by entering "ac6v.com". I tried that and still can't."

There is a good chance that your ISP has blocked traffic from AC6V's ISP provider.  This has happened to me a few times at work where a site I like has been blocked because another site from the same ISP has been linked to spamming. If your ISP subscribes to some of the "black lists" it's quite possible they blocked all traffic to that ISP provider. I would suggest trying again with your laptop from some place where you can get another ISP connection (i.e. a WiFi hotspot) and see if the problem follows. If you can connect, it could be your ISP. You'll have to call and ask them to unblock that site - or all traffic to it to pass.

FWIW - I tested and was able to connect with no problems.

CJ
KI4WCK
N4CQR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 01:28:21 PM »

Very sorry to hear about, Rod. The site has served countless souls for a long time. I hope it remains.

And as of 2047 UTC 10/22/2008 the site is up and running.

Bill, thank you for the info on Rod.

C r a i g
N5ACK

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 01:04:29 PM »

Have you tried just http://ac6v.com/   ??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: