Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rampant Rules Violations on 14.275  (Read 2066 times)
WB2WIK

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2006, 08:34:38 AM »

I'd recommend not listening to 14.275.  If you consider a usable channel frequency to be 1 kHz, then 20 meters has 350 of them to choose from...

Don't worry about what "shortwave listeners" or other parties might think about ham radio based on the antics of a few.  This stuff has been going on for a lot longer than my own 40+ years in ham radio, and hasn't had any impact on anything or anybody other than the fools who act stupidly, themselves.

WB2WIK/6
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 08:12:05 AM »

<<  are "infamous" for their activities which have been well documented on the internet. Their illegal operating activities have been reported on numerous occasions by numerous operators, including recordings.>>

Some pretty wild claims there ...

What, specifically, are they doing that is outrageous and illegal?

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KE5BNO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:05:32 PM »

How long must the ham community be subjected to the outright embarrassing and illegal operation and "bantering" back and forth by several stations on 14.275.  This situation occurs regularly and is long overdue for handling by the FCC. Anybody have any late word on the status of this situation?  I stay away from this frequency, but this situation is giving ham radio a bad image for anyone monitoring this frequency.

Regards...

Ken
KE5BNO
N7LRG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:38:21 PM »

You say several stations, are they all hams? Is there bad language involved? You an involve the FCC or make a recording and give to local police. They may help. Good luck.
KE5BNO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 02:35:02 PM »

Unfortunately, N7LRG, they do all appear to have callsigns, and are "infamous" for their activities which have been well documented on the internet. Their illegal operating activities have been reported on numerous occasions by numerous operators, including recordings.  Therein lies the frustration which prompted me to inquire if anyone knew if there was an "end" in sight to put these operators off the air for good as a result of ongoing investigations and legal actions. Thanks for your reply and concern.  
N0XMZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 01:53:41 PM »

I've never heard any such activity and I listen around there fairly often.
N1RIK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 04:36:29 PM »

If you email Karol VE7KFM at ve7kfm@yahoo.com, he's got a report about the 14.275 situation.  He's eager to email it to anyone that's interested.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 05:05:15 PM »

I think some people are way too immersed in amateur radio and have way too much time on their hands.

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
WR8D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 05:18:22 PM »

You got it wrong. Some love this hobby and don't like to see it trashed. As the gentleman up the thread said though, weirdo's have been around the bands for a long time. Here on the internet too since its beginning. It never seems to matter what the subject is, there's always someone trying to stir the crap or add an insult regardless. WR8D
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 11:22:28 AM »

You say several stations, are they all hams? Is there bad language involved? You an involve the FCC or make a recording and give to local police. They may help. Good luck.    

--------------

Local police have NO jurisdiction (or even interest) in the matter.  DOCUMENT (record) the violations and send it to the FCC, wh  are already aware of the problem.  They also have no jurisdiction over non-U.S. Amateurs that may partake in improper activities, language, etc. in any Amateur band.
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 11:24:24 AM »

--------------

Local police have NO jurisdiction (or even interest) in the matter.  DOCUMENT (record) the violations and send it to the FCC, wh  are already aware of the problem.  They also have no jurisdiction over non-U.S. Amateurs that may partake in improper activities, language, etc. in any Amateur band.
K3VR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 11:01:49 AM »

KFM has a report? That's hilarious! Call Riley Hollingsworth and he'll tell you point blank that KFM is the problem on 14.275! And if you haven't seen this page about KFM, you should look at it before counting KFM as one of your friends, or as a source of legitimate information. KFM is MAN's co-host as well as a fraud and a liar.

http://www.ve7kfm.com
N9XCR

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 11:23:35 AM »

I just heard about KFM a few days ago and tuned in to 14.275 just now. WOW!!! This guy really hates America. lol

I heard him talking to another station in, what I believe, was French. Someone kept broadcasting,"www.ve7kfm.com" periodically. A short time later I heard KFM saying,"F*** America", "God Hates America", and stuff like that. It's too bad he's licensed.

Chris
N9XCR
N9PH

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 07:00:17 PM »

Chris,

You have to be very careful when listening to the activities on 14275 due to all the jamming and rebroadcasting of altered recordings being done by amateurs from Michigan, Pennsylvania, Alabama, and Florida.  

I have been listening (and taping) for years and have recording studio quality audio equipment which allows me to analyze audio clips down to the characteristics of the transceivers which generated them.  VE7KFM has never said "F^^^ America".  What you heard was probably an American playing a digitally altered recording....a very common technique used on 275. Unfortunately, the people doing those alterations are amateurs, no pun intended.  

And whatever you do, don't believe a thing you see on www.ve7kfm.com.  The amateurs that post on that website  are obsessed with, and extremely jealous of, VE7KFM.  I'm not an expert in psychology, but it seems to be related to KFM being voted Amateur Radio operator of the year for 2007.  

We've had a MD who specializes in psychotic behavior analyze some of the American amateurs on 275 and his report indicates that "they are totally whacked out and need to get back on their meds...stat!"  Again, I'm not an expert in that area, but it certainly doesn't sound good.

If you want the real story, check out this website....
http://members.shaw.ca/ve7kfm/

It has the real story, and is a much better read than the birdcage liner website above.

N9PH

KD0AFK

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »

Before I knew any better, I actually QSO'ed with both Karol and one of his apostles. And the man has a real problem. He is a bigot, a racist, a violent man and an America hater. Here is a link to his website: http://members.shaw.ca/ve7kfm/
It just goes to show what kind of venal hate he is able to spew. Anyone who befriends this piece of garbage get's what he deserves. And don't think I am letting anyone off easy. All of Karol's friends and the pieces of filth that QRM him are just as bad if not worse.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: