Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu YF-122S SSB filter  (Read 1659 times)
IZ4KBS

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2008, 03:53:09 AM »

I have got a Yaesu FT/817ND xcvr and I have installed the subject optional filter, but I cannot tell whether it actually works or not. I have configured the filter to SSB through menu #38 (OP FILTER), as explained in the manual, but it does not seem to work. When I try to switch the filter on and off through the front panel NAR button the unit emits two short beeps but nothing happens. I see no icons on the display telling about the filter being activated/deactivated, nor the received audio bandwidth seems to be affected by the operation. Thanks in advance for any hints.
IZ4KBS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:23:12 AM »

Now, this is getting interesting: if I tell the rig that it has a CW filter instead of an SSB one ... it works! And, consistently, it works only when the rig is in CW/CW-R mode. It looks like what I have installed is a CW filter, not an SSB one. But the label on the small carboard box containing the filter, and the small leaflet accompanying the thing clearly say "YF-122S SSB Filter". I'm afraid I'll have to open the rig case again to check what is actually written on the filter casing. Hmm ...
VE7DQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:19:01 PM »

Did you perchance install it in the CW filter slot?
KJ4FUU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:30:49 AM »

I'll have to double check my documentation, but I think that the SSB filter is on all the time. If you have a CW filter, then you can activate it my hitting the NAR control.

To the other poster, unless you have the accessory board (W4RT?), you can only put one filter in the FT-817ND.

I have the 300hz CW filter in mine.

-- Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: