Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC-746 Display  (Read 767 times)
N5VTU

Ignore
« on: December 19, 2008, 07:36:44 AM »

Good morning,
I've noticed that many photos of the IC-746 rig seen on the internet show it with either a deep blue display, or a very pale (almost gray looking display).  Is the difference in display colors one of the differentiators between the "pro" and "non pro" models?  The one I have is a pro version and has the pale gray display.  Just wondering if different displays were used in the different models or if there is a user control that changes the color.  My manual only mentions a contrast setting.

Icom's website shows the blue color in the thumbnail picture, but the gray display in the full sized pic.

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/amateur/hf/746pro/default.aspx

Thanks
Stephen,
N5VTU
N4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:37:25 AM »

Pale gray is the norm. There's no screen color display difference between the 746 and the Pro model. I have owned both and they both are the same pale gray. Others have also asked why some photos in ads show the screen background as blue and the commonly held belief has to do with the lighting used in professional photo shoots for the ads. There is no control on either radio that changes background screen color.

73, N4KZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: