Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bearcat BC-101  (Read 1507 times)
OLDSWAB

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2009, 11:37:16 AM »

Gentelman, I have found a old Bearcat 101 at the local Goodwill store for a very good price. I found a source to retreive a owners manual and also found the schemetics. After haveing it working and scanning for over three weeks it just quit scanning, but I noticed that it was stuck on one channel.Guess what? No squelch! Trying to troubleshoot the squelch to no avail, I tryed to see if I could locate a Sams folder  SD-10. I found one from Howard W. Sams here in Indianapolis and went to their store and they showed me the book. It had been taken apart and the major pages I needed were missing. Mainly the voltage readings like for squelched or un-squelched. I think I have a leaking cap. but can't prove it.I have replaced all four npn transistors but still no luck. I have tryed all of the local older service and repair places in Indianapolis and around . No help. What I am looking for is a full copy of just the section of the SD-10 book that is made by Sams for this radio.  Any help?  Thanks.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 07:02:33 PM »

hi robert,

take a look here for the service manual and or
schematics.

http://www.mods.dk/manual.php?brand=uniden

73 james
K2YO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 06:14:44 AM »

Google is your friend.
http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/sams.htm

Bernie
OLDSWAB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 05:51:06 PM »

Sorry to say I have tryed both places and also called m&m and they say they have given up on repairing that models and don't have any books on that model.I won't give up and have found some different models which have similar circuits with voltages,but thats almost like saying apples and oranges.  Thanks anyway.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 09:06:10 PM »

hi Robert,

try posting on this forum

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/forums/

73 james
OLDSWAB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 08:14:34 AM »

This site must be having some problems. It won't allow any new registrations. I will try later. Thanks anyway.
KA1MDA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 03:31:45 PM »

This may be a real long-shot, but check the squelch pot. I had one of those a long time ago, and the squelch became intermittant. Applying sideways pressure to the squelch pot housing would make the scqulch work ok. Releasing the pressure made squelch stop working. I ended up replacing the pot and all was well again.

Tom, KA1MDA
www.ka1mda.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: