Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe Logbook  (Read 1020 times)
W7KSO

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »

Can I download just the logbook portion of Ham Radio Deluxe?
N6NKN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 04:21:02 PM »

No.
K6REA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:10:03 PM »

do you need a logbook program ?

kevin
W7KSO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 09:39:10 AM »

Kevin,

Yes, but I plan to do it in Excel, unless you have a better idea.
VE3LXL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 02:12:05 PM »

I'm using Ham Radio Deluxe for its logbook - in fact that's the only thing I'm using from it. It isn't perfect, but after trying many other logging programs, and after trying to roll my own solutions (using a spreadsheet was one solution, using a relational database was another), I settled on HRD as being the best choice available.

Where it is weakest is that it doesn't have much built in for doing awards tracking, for generating reports on your past activities, etc. But what it has going for it are things like:

- Full support for importing and exporting logs using ADIF and Cabrillo formats. So if you want to do awards tracking, you can easily move your logs to some other program that supports that better.

- The ability to sort logs on any column, so you can quickly group logs that share a common attribute.

- A built-in mapping program that plots all your logs on a world map. To make this work you need to record the station's latitude and longitude, or its Maidenhead grid square.

- The ability to define your own custom columns. This was important to me because I wanted to retain my QSO numbering system in the log, and I wanted to track things like SKCC and FISTS numbers.

- The ability to export logs to LOTW and eQSL formats.

I think it's a pretty good program, and worth using even if you don't use anything except the logbook.
NK7Q

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 08:38:19 AM »

I got the new HRD logbook beta (standalone) from this link:

http://mannindustries.net/hrd/temp/betas/Logbook/Logbook-Build-2121.zip

It doesn't require that I use Ham Radio Deluxe if I don't want too. I imported all my contacts into the new logbook from Ham Radio Deluxe. I am very pleased with it and it has some great features missing from Ham Radio Deluxe's logbook module. This program is still in beta development, so expect it to be updated in the future.

Jim -NK7Q
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: