Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paul Harvey  (Read 648 times)
N2HBX

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:09:35 PM »

We've lost a broadcasting giant. Paul Harvey passed away Saturday 2/28 at the ripe old age of 90. I'm sure many of us can recall listening to Paul Harvey over the years and appreciated his wit and commentary.

I don't believe he was a ham himself, but he had these kind word about us:

"America's quiet warriors are the legion of ham radio operators, 700,000 of them, who are always at ready for backup duty in emergencies – amateur, unpaid, uncelebrated, civilian radio operators, during and after floods and fires and tornadoes. After the 9/11 attacks, hams were indispensable in reuniting friends and families. Most recently it was they who expedited the search for debris after the disaster to the space shuttle Columbia, and right now, at this moment, they are involved in homeland security to a greater degree than you would want me to make public." — Paul Harvey News and Comment, ABC Radio, March 19, 2003.

Rest in peace, Paul Harvey. And thanks for the kindness.

Larry, N2HBX
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 03:49:03 PM »

My dad actually met him once at some kind of conference that he attended when he was in the insurance business for Anthem/Blue Cross.  Paul Harvey was a speaker at the event.  I always enjoyed listening to him on the radio, from the time I was a little boy to the present day.  I will miss him.

Michael KU4UV
Lexington, KY.
N3ZC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:05:20 AM »

"And That's The Rest of The Story..."  His broadcasts always ended with that....He was always interesting. Will be missed...

Tom  N3ZC
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »

...and unlike the rest of the bed-wetting, liberal, drive by media, he got the rest of the story right!

73 de Lindy
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »

and unlike the rest of the bed-wetting, liberal, drive by media, he got the rest of the story right!

REPLY: Amen, Brother! Amen!

Vince P
KA3NRX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: