Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiring Astatic D-104 to Yaesu FT-757GXII  (Read 2665 times)
N2EST

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2009, 10:04:42 PM »

I have an old Astatic D-104 mike with a T-UG8 stand that I'd like to hook up to my Yaesu FT-757GXII. Anyone know where I can find a schematic for doing so? I've already asked Yaesu, and all they could supply was a wiring chart to pin out to the mike. That may be enough to work with if I experiment a bit, but I guess I'm looking for a hard and fast answer. (I've also e-mailed Astatic, but I've yet to receive an answer.)
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 10:18:43 AM »

The schematic for the mic in on line at Astatic.

The question is, why? The D-104 is a high-impedance mic, and the radio needs a low impedance one. Yes, you can use the one with the built-in amp, but the radio already has plenty of mic gain. About all you'll do is end up with a lot of distortion.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

N2EST

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 05:12:59 AM »

Because I have the mike (I didn't buy it, it was given to me). And because it looks cool. What can I say?

As I've done more research, I'm discovering that I'm not the first to try to do this. You say "why?". I say "why not?"
N3VMD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 11:45:44 AM »

Jim,
I also own an FT-757GX and have a D-104 amplified wired to it. I keep the gain on the mic barley cracked open and set the gain on the radio a bit below straight up 12 oclock position. The only other thing I did do was to put 3 or 4 (don't remember exactly now) meg ohm resistor on the audio lead of the mic cartridge, seems to have smoothed it out and I get excellent reports from some very finicky hams.
Good luck
Todd
N3VMD

(by the way, I'm using mine cause I think they look kool too!!)

"Because I have the mike (I didn't buy it, it was given to me). And because it looks cool. What can I say?

As I've done more research, I'm discovering that I'm not the first to try to do this. You say "why?". I say "why not?" "
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: