Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHEAP UHF Radios For GMRS/HAM  (Read 3799 times)
K2FOX

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2009, 06:15:25 PM »

By reading EC158's previous posts, it sounds like he just wants to remain anonymous. His profile looks like a joke!

No need for anyone to lash out at those who post without a valid HAM callsign. There are many, and it happens too often.

Lets all be friends.

Jay
EC158

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2009, 06:20:33 PM »

I will dismiss your post due to the fact that you are Canadian and probably cant keep yourself from being ignorant. You know nothing about me (thank goodness)
LOVEHANDLES

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 05:32:39 AM »

Looks like you got served, Roscoe, if that's really your handle.
P.S. Canada is a lovely country.  Better than the US in a number of respects.
VE7DQ

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 02:17:06 AM »

It's even more interesting than that.  Have a look at what "echo charlie" scofflaws do:

http://www.geocities.com/rf-man/cb/ec6670.html

Note the contempt for licenced amateur operators on the page.

Now, doesn't that give everyone a warm and fuzzy feeling, knowing these clowns are operating on aeronautical frequencies?

Tom
N4CQR

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 06:23:33 AM »

These type of threads crack me up. Ya'll play nice now...

C r a i g
EC158

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 08:56:16 AM »

The Echo Charlie Club I belong to was started back in the late 1960's when 11m SSB was in it's infancy. Not the same club, no aeronautical transmissions. You are just trying to make trouble. You are a dope (or smoke dope).

I belong to a few HAM clubs too, all a bunch of nice folks. No one like you thats for sure. I will continue to post and you will probably continue to attack me. Just remember I know who YOU are but you don't know me. So watch what you say and be nice.
LOVEHANDLES

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 09:05:58 AM »

Very interesting link about Echo Charlie Club.  I heard there was pirate activity on the 41 m band, but I hadn't realized how organized it really was.  I think that this will be a more common place occurrence since RF pirates are increasingly using HF rigs.
VE7DQ

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 07:27:13 PM »

You know less about me than I about you.

Your insults and threats are your credentials here.

Now, let this thread die.
EC158

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2009, 12:45:53 PM »

Smiley
K6IHC

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 12:26:33 AM »

I routinely use several mobile and portable Kenwood TK-series commercial grade UHF transceivers for dual GMRS and amateur operations.  They have FCC authorization for Part 95 use in the GMRS, and they are not *field programmable* in the typical amateur transceiver sense of the term.  With these radios, basic channel programming can be performed in the field, without the use of software and interface cable.  But that is not considered being *field programmable*.  The Kenwood radios I use can often be found on places like eBay or Two-Way Shopper.

If you know the FCC ID number of a particular radio, you can look up its authorizations here:  https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm
VE7DQ

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2009, 03:02:20 AM »

Nicely done.  Reasons understood.  It took a while to amalgamate the information.   Wink

Mycall at rac dot ca if you wish.  In confidence, of course.

Tom
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 12:35:24 PM »

RE LK, I quit agree...

Funny but true story.

In one of the local big chain stores in my home town the managers all wear these GMRS radios everywhere they go.  They use them for their internal store communications.  

HOWEVER when I did a license search of the FCC licenses issued for GMRS lo and behold this commercial establishmet was not even listed.  SURPRISE!!!!
KC7GF

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2009, 11:32:12 AM »

Sorry to burst your bubble but the TK805 and D models are usable on the GMRS frequencies and are certified for commercial use in the 450 to 470 range. Any commercial radio can be used in the hambands since they meet the FCC requirements for spectral emissions. The 705/805 series were originally supposed to be programmed only by "technicians" that knew the secret "handshake". Unfortunately now everyone knows the handshake and the radios can be field programmed by anyone.

Being a 40 some year holder of a First Class Radiotelephone license (now General Radiotelephone) and having worked in the Two Way radio field for 45 plus years, I have some experience with this.

Certified radios, of which the TK805(D) and TK705(D) are can be used in the GMRS service. A FCC license is no longer required to program these radios. Anyone can do it.

Many TK805s are being used in the GMRS service as we speak.

For more information on the TK705/805(D) series, come join our Yahoo group,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kenwood_05s/

Art - KC7GF
GROL license holder
Congress, AZ

W7COM

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 02:30:28 PM »

Though not really field programmable, I've used both the Motorola HT-1000 and Maxtrac radios for 73cm and GMRS.  Nice to have a rig that family members can use while still available for a few local ham repeaters.  I haven't used them on GMRS for a while though, I should check to see if the GMRS ticket is still valid.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: