Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QST EE Hams -- need help with project please  (Read 527 times)
KD4Q

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:30:33 PM »

Hello,

I would like to build a device that transmits an infrared serial number, and ideally, the date and time (which it would keep up with and not lose during momentary power outages).  I would like to be able to program the serial number, date, and time with a PDA or laptop using a password.

I plan to mount several of these devices to a wall, spaced apart, and then want to tell a robot with IR capability to go find the devices based on the serial number or a time/date range (using RF to RC the robot.)

Is anybody reading this able to build such a device?  I'm willing to pay for time and materials if agreed up front.

Thanks & 73,
Bob
W5FYI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 02:14:48 PM »

It sounds like something the geeks at Nuts & Volts could tackle (www.nutsvolts.com). Vern Graner writes their "Personal Robotics" column, and would probably have something like what you're looking for in his files. If not, the Q&A column might post it and get some reader feedback. GL.
KD4Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 06:12:20 PM »

Thanks!
WD4HVA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 06:17:53 AM »

Doesn't sound too complex.  What is your budget per device?  What is the size limit - this controls what kind of power supply is available to power them and how long they can transmit the id number.  If you'd like to discuss this just email me at mycall at arrl.net
KD4Q

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:48:32 AM »

Thanks!

I sent an email to that address yesterday but did not receive an answer.  Please check your filters and let me know if you did not receive it.

73, Bob
N3FY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: