Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ic-718 & (Studio Out Board Gear) Mic/Line [Help]  (Read 357 times)
KJ4CJV

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:03:13 PM »

Hi,

Today I made my purchase of a rig that im planing to upgrade this Christmas. so i have a 718 got it for 400.00 bucks so  ran with it. Ok so here is what Im trying to do: (The " > " Is the Chain)

Studio Mic (Condenser 48v Phantom) > Pro Tools 8 (I have 1000.00 of dollars of plug ins Compression, Eq, limiter, Exciter, Tube Amp Emulators, Etc) >> 31 Band Eq >>> RADIO

Or

Studio Mic > Mixing Board+Phantom 48v >> Compress/Limiter >>> Gate >>>> EQ >>>>> RADIO

What will I need to get the line-out audio cumming from the mixer or pro tools to the radio?  Do I get a Line Pad or Isolator and run that to the 8 Pin connection and make a little ptt switch or my foot petal or can I avoid that and run it thru the back of the radio using the 12 Pin ACC socket. Will that accept line-in type of connections ? I might just be using (REC) out on the devices that has that option also but that way you know you can not lower the main out from the device this will need to then be lowered from the line lvl on the board IE line 7 mic input.  Hope im making sense and if not please help me Im new and just trying to learn.  I have tons of pro audio processors im comming from the music industry.

Thank you all 73\'s!

Kj4CJV
KJ4CJV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 08:21:24 PM »

Oh I for got to say that I will be going

RADIO OUT (SPK OUT.) >> PRO TOOLS >>> FILTERS ADDED AND WHAT EVER ELSE I WANT TO TWEAK. >>>> STUDIO MONITORS

Thus the radio will not be applying the filters pro tools will handle that. or I think!

Thanks
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 01:44:56 PM »

It is a ridiculous idea.  No offense.  But if you must, you likely will.  

You might research the SSB audio bandwidth of the radio first, though...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: