Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K1MAN and Fred Lloyd  (Read 2176 times)
WB6SIK

Ignore
« on: August 31, 2009, 09:06:13 AM »

No, I am not a troll. But I would like to bring this topic up for discussion.
     While tuning across the twenty meter band I heard an interview between K1MAN and Fred Lloyd of QRZ.com fame and fortune.
     Is Fred trying to committ business suicide? This makes no sense to put your business in the middle of a squabble. Laura Smith states that an ongoing FCC investigation is taking place with K1MAM. Whether you like it or not, K1MAN is broadcasting. No it is not the same as the ARRL bulletins since the ARRL doesn\'t put on ex-WB2OTK to talk about Rich and his new home, the deer and wildlife on the property and other stuff that has no relevence to ham radio what-so-ever.
     Should Fred\'s advertisers be notified of the controversial support Fred is giving to K1MAN?
W5RB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 05:55:53 PM »

From the little that I know about the situation , my guess is that what you heard was a spoof.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 05:02:05 PM »

K1MAN is on his way OUT for GOOD this time.His ticket EXPIRES this October 2009 & if he continues his BROADCAST that will just be ANOTHER nail in his coffin.Myself & many others are awaiting his PERMENANT "GOING AWAY" which will NOT come soon enough but it will come!He is only increasing his losses at this point & in the end MAYBE he will also lose his FREEDOM just for good measure & for the good of ham radio.He is doing NOTHING that HELPS ham radio or the ham radio community just jamming one frequency 24 hours a day 7 days a week with his ILLEGAL BROADCAST!

Clayton
W4KVW
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »

WA8MEA(BILL)You are CORRECT on K1MAN & his ticket being EXPIRED! I missed the 2005 date when I looked him up.Wonder WHY he is even still listed on ANY call sign lookup after being expired that long?

Clayton
W4KVW
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 06:42:03 PM »

>RE: K1MAN ?  Reply  
by WA8MEA on September 2, 2009  Mail this to a friend!  
Clayton:

K1MAN's license expired in October of 2005. He can operate for as long as it takes for the FCC to take some sort of action against him. He is also able to operate during an appeals process.

Just like that fella in the Virgin Islands a number of years ago. (I can't even recall his callsign right now.)

73, Bill<

That was Herb KV4FZ.  His license has been reinstated and he's active...in fact, the biggest signal out of the Caribbean on 160m here.

His "conviction" had nothing to do with ham radio, it was something to do with telephone hacking or similar.  He's a very good operator.
AD4C2006

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 08:12:49 AM »

Certainly K1MAN bulletins has stoped the VE7KFM act but on the other side of the coin K1MAN has no right to do what he is doing 24/7 taking an international ham band freq to broadcast non related hams topics,I firmly hope that the FCC this time revokes his licence forever,14275 should return to regular amateur use.

Hector
AD4C
Lake Worth.FL
KM3F

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 04:42:28 PM »

1man is broadcasting on 75, 40 ,20 m.
There seems to be indications of a big ta-do coming on 75 with the 3890 freq. being close to the AM window that is expanding both ways from 3885.
Both SSB/nets etc and this m a n thing will be in the show.
Stay tuned.
K1DA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 08:35:39 AM »

And I am sure our reputation as radio operators will benefit from the "ta do".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: