Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRL Auction Registration Warning  (Read 378 times)
NC2F

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2009, 05:18:59 AM »

I am posting this to bring to your attention fraudulent activity in conjunction with the ARRL auction registration. I found my e-mail "NC2F@arrl.net" was already registered, without my knowledge. When I retrieved the password, the password that was used was a profane word. Had I not checked to register for the auction, my fear is someone may have placed a bid with the fraudulent registration, and ARRL would be sending me a bill for a bid a didn't place. Therefore I am sending this as a warning to tjose of you who may have "ARRL.net" e-mail alias' and somehow others could register your e-mail without your permission. I am guessing the fake registration could also be used to make false bids, which undermines the entire auction process.

So if you have an ARRL.net e-mail alias, I suggest you go and make sure yours hasn't been registered without your permission.

Dennis NC2F
WB5JEO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 07:26:05 PM »

Thanks for the tipoff. It's a serious error if ARRL didn't set this up to do an email confirmation of registration and subsequent emails to the registered email address of any changes made. Or rather, it's an error to do this through a third party provider who doesn't do it.
N3DF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 01:39:12 PM »

Logins and passwords are irrelevant to online auction sponsors.  They rely on confirmed credit card information cross-checked against cardholder names and billing addresses.

Neil N3DF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: