Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone heard of www.eQSL.cc ?  (Read 1760 times)
N3XP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 08:00:52 AM »

I'm not a real big fan of eqsl.  I think it's a bit clunky to use.  The ARRL was really asleep years ago and should have been at the forefront of ham radio and the internet, they weren't and sites like eqsl, qrz, and eham popped up to fill the void.

While I am a fan of paper cards, I do upload my logs to eqsl, and LoTW to help those who prefer those services. If down the road someone wants to use LoTW or eqsl, they will have some records waiting there for them.

I'm not an awards chaser, I 'm just happy collecting the cards.
WA4HBK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 06:40:09 AM »

Eqsl serves a useful purpose for me. I gave up chasing cards some time back, seem to have piles of them around. But since I have held seveal DX calls over the years it is a convienent place for people who need the card to contact me. When I receive an Eqsl request for one of these I always ask if they would like a paper QSL as well? My record so far this year is for a QSO in 1978. I still have my logs and so far I have not received any bogus requests. If you are into paper chasing then by all means go with LOTW, if , owever, what you want is just an informal acknowledgment of your QSOs then Eqsl serves just fine. Personally I have had no problems with the management of the site. I sent scans of my various licenses to show that I did operate at those locations and times and that was my only contact with them. As they always disclaim on TV " results may vary"

Ed/WA4HBK
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: