Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom 756PRO or TS-2000  (Read 387 times)
VE3TMT

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »

Not a lot of activity on 2m or 440 SSB so I am contemplating trading my TS2000 for a 756PRO.

I appreciate comments from operators who have used both. How is the receive on the PRO compared to the 2000 or compared to a TS850?

Thank you,
K9KJM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:28:40 PM »

I have both.   Both are fine radios. For HF only the Icom 756PRO is the better radio. Just the spectrum display scope is a feature that once you get used to, You will not be without!

All that being said, The TS 2000 IS the true "jack of all trades" ham radio.  IF I could have but only one radio, It would be the TS 2000.

It is really great to be able to cross band repeat HF to a small micro size hand held!  Walk around your yard or neighborhood while listening to a net on 75 meters! AND being able to talk back on HF from the little shirt pocket size hand held!   Monitor 6 meters for an opening by crossbanding the TS 2000 to your small hand held radio. Or just cross band VHF to UHF to greatly extend the range of your handi.

No other radio available today can do what the TS 2000 can.
Get yourself a good used Icom 756PRO (Or even better a PROII or PROIII) and Keep the TS 2000!  I would not be just too hasty to part with it!

(The plain 756PRO sells in the 900 dollar range, The 756PROII for around 1200, And the 756PROIII for 1400 and up. LOTS of radio for that kind of money!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: