Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a 7500 watt 11 METER CB OP?  (Read 19437 times)
SSBER

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 01:26:49 PM »

You guys need to get a life.  Stop obsessing about CB'ers and just enjoy your own hobby.  I agree that the claim of 7500 watts is probably exaggerated, so chill out and relax.  Not only that, but CB'ers have totally infiltrated the Amateur Radio ranks, so no sense belly aching about it.  We have pumped life back into this hobby that was, hear to fore, dying a protracted and painful death.

73's
World Penetration
TS2000, 811H, B-1
38 USB
PULLRAFTT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 01:29:37 PM »

I say let the 11 meter operators do whatever they want. If you don't go there to listen or to be a part of it, then it won't bother you! AND you won't have to bitch about it Smiley

-zw
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 02:05:52 PM »

You can order any set up you want on internet.Look up Dave made amps.H and Y has amps.I seen a 32 tranistor amp that they said did that,but there isnt anyway.It had 2290 transistors in it.Its a 70 wt transistor.I live south of St.Louis and am bothered by the big cbers,ther are some running over 1kw.They have a radio,connex 4300hp...it does 300wts out of the box.It is usless  running 28mhz here...73s de JW
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 02:27:28 PM »

I have given tickets to people that have bothered people tvs.And sent the report to the F.C.C. to do whatever with.I to was in law encorcement for many years.But now am bothered by the cbers just south of St.Louis about 40 to 60 miles.I am retred now.I know most are running around 300 wts.Two are running over a kw.They are on 27.355am or ch 35 to others.73s de JW
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 08:14:48 PM »

Power has always been the answer for these guys. When i was into CB i didnt run an amp, had a moonraker 4 up about 40' with low loss coax, and i could talk pretty much anywere with only 12 watts SSB. I pretty much put a load on $$$ into my antenna system and used a used Cobra 2000 GTL that i gave like $175.00 for.  Its all in the antenna system IMHO.
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 12:55:25 PM »

99% of your radio is your antenna.And trying to tell some is impossible.Im not saying there is some good one,most or on ssb.73s de JW
SSBER

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 03:19:35 PM »

I love 11m SSB.  I take pride in running a clean station with no RFI.  I use the best equipment I can afford.  I wish I had a Commander amplifier, because I would certainly use it, but they're out of my price range.  I use a TS2000 with the N3GX HI-FI mod, a Behringer B1 mic, Behringer Shark DSP110, into a 811H, into a Palstar AT1KP into a Imax 2000 or alternately, a radiowavez 11m Bazooka.  I have a modified 3 element Maco yagi (I shortened the boom from 1/3 wave to 1/4 wave for manageability) but that is in storage at the moment. Most of my gear purchased from a local HRO without a ham ticket.
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 06:28:30 AM »

RE ETA...

Welllllll there is nothing wrong with processing as it relates to that which is built into the radio and not external.  

But one has to follow the parameters as it relates to the limits of processing.  

Too much processing, which we both know, can screw up an otherwise acceptable audio.

Unfortunately, there are some who do not know this.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 06:00:13 PM »

Those who don't believe that 7500W is possible out of a mobile just haven't seen it.  

I have seen it.  

And more.  

Some very dangerous setups out there among this crowd.  

10KW, key down, is all over the place now.  

That is CARRIER.  With clipped modulators in the exciter, AF preamplification and in some cases even AF compression, they can "swing" that to much higher levels on the modulation peaks.  It is, after all, overmodulated AM emission.  

4CX tube is typical, forklift batteries in the back and extra alternators on the engine of a van is "all" it takes.  

There are illegal "factories" churning this stuff out, too.  

One part of the reason you don't see more enforcement may have to do with the fact that these miscreants are also likely to be armed and dangerous.  

It is not like just being able to walk up to them at one of those "keydown contests" and issue citations.  

s for those who think these people use cheap wattmeters and the like, forget that notion.  BIRDS, with factory commercial-power "slugs" in them are the standard.  

Just listen to CB channel 6, 27.025 for a few days, that should be Missouri "show me" enough for you doubters.  

As for the ham bands, these guys routinely trash the third harmonic, which is 6 meters.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 06:02:14 PM »

Maybe seeing is believing for you:

Just go to Youtube and type in, "keydown" in the Search block.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=keydown&search_type=&aq=f
PULLRAFTT

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2009, 08:38:40 AM »

by KE3WD on September 11, 2009  

"One part of the reason you don't see more enforcement may have to do with the fact that these miscreants are also likely to be armed and dangerous."

---------------------------------------------------

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!  That's the most assanine thing I think I've seen written on these boards! What a moron!!

--zw
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2009, 08:48:19 AM »

I wish they would start 40 miles south of St.Louis Missouri.On ch 35 am after 7pm at night till 2am...28 mhz is useless.
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2009, 09:25:22 AM »

KE3WD writes:

"As for the ham bands, these guys routinely trash the third harmonic, which is 6 meters."

Ah - no.

The third harmonic of 27 MHz is 81 MHz. Which is old analog TV channel 5

The second harmonic of 27 MHz is 54 MHz, which is the top end of the amateur 6 meter band.

73 de Jim, N2EY
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2009, 12:37:21 PM »

N2EY is of course correct, Second Harmonic.  d'oh!  

Someone else up there sounds like they may be part of the keydown contest crowd.  

And methinks they protesteth too much...

--KE3WD said that.
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2009, 07:13:37 PM »

wow,thats something.I cant coment on that.Someone needs some meds.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: