Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a 7500 watt 11 METER CB OP?  (Read 17695 times)
K5CQB

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »

What people will spend their money and time on, hihi.  Actually I would like to find one of those fellas to make me a bracket for an extra alternator.  I could make a nice on board arc welder for my 4x4 out of one of those alternators.
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2009, 10:12:14 AM »

The one that lives around Hilsboro Mo. is running two alt. and three batteries.He is running a 16 transistor amp on am,runing a gal99.The radio runs 45 wts it self.He redid the whole front of his motor on his 1992 f100 truck,and runs a steel whip.73s de JW
K3VW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009, 03:19:55 PM »

WB5JEO, if he is truely in law enforcement as he claims, needs to go back to the Poilce Academy and find the law that gives local law enforcement officers, the power to investigate (and arrest), violaters of Federal laws dealing with CB operators that have been complained about by their neigbors! It came down from the FCC about 4 years ago, to give local law enforcement officers the power to investigate illegal CBer complaints. Do your home work before you start talking out your butt! If you were one of my officers, you wouldn't have it thru the day!! I hate it when a supposodly well informed officer, puts out to the public, bad information. It makes us all look bad! He is your typical "cop" that probably just has a high school education and is only in it for the money, what little their is but it is security.
SSBER

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2009, 05:27:21 PM »

You just got served, hehehe.
WA2JJH

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2009, 03:55:13 AM »

Never heard of a 7KW+ 11M op. There is one notoriuos lub that all have their CB's in Mobile Vans. They do get the highest power class C piece of crap.

I heard of a 2KW buttplug head. They all add an extra alternator and dedicated 12V truck batt. for the
3-30mhz++ crap amp. Broadband in and out. low pass filtering.....no, they might loose out on 75W of harmonic crap

They use AM modulation on CH11 on the chicken band.
Tell all sign is the ability to be heard +/-  100 KC's on 11M with spattering up to over 6Meters.

The same group of turds have what is known as a Key down. A hamfest style swap meet. The big event of the "key down", is all these buffons all key up at once on one channel. Hey man, they are sure sticking it to the MAN as well as wasting carbon credits.

Using CB math.....perhaps 7KW++ comes from the TRFPW(total RF wasted multiplied by all the keyuppers that think they are creating a RF WOODSTOCK! It is a huge guestimation. The concept of phasing  RF is quantum mechanics to them.

They do enguage in criminal activity besides selling illegal 10-12M filthomatic radio's. Chop-shops
send representitives. Many recipes for "Meth" manufacture are judged at a brain cookoff.

The 7.5KW is that peak power+spurious emmisions+ the 300% AM modulation they all use. State Troopers have a feild day catching the many with bench warrents and Parole complications.

Perhaps some jerk built an 8 tube 3-500z or 20 MRF-925's. device. batts and thousands of watts are wasted by the 12V-3800vdc conversion, if such an amp were built using good 3-500z.

So, if you want to see RF anarcy, look for a CB keydown. Just ask a trooper where it is. These groups are watched for handgun trafficking. The Police do not have the breifing on what is an illegsl amp or CB rig.
N0ZNA

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2009, 10:08:51 AM »

Around here,40 to 60 miles south of St.Louis Missouri they run mostly 12 to 16 transistor amps.And drive them with a 2 transistor amp.Mostly run on 27.355am and go to 26.855am down below there channel one.And they realy splatter 28 mhz bad.From 3pm till around 3am every night.On weekend they are on all day and all night.They run there amps just to talk local.One is building a 20 transistor amp running 2290s a 70 wt transistor.He is running a ft101ex to drive it.73s de JW
W3TEZ

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2009, 09:05:31 PM »

well, tell ya what, that 7500 watt amp is probably not shielded and grounded very good, so with all that radiation exposure, he'll be over and done with when the rf power kills him, hey, i have the same problems you do, so don't feel bad, many people have died that i know of that have been around such amounts of rf power, so if the fcc dont get em, death will get him with that kind of power.
K2NRC

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »

looking back at MY other post on this thread several weeks back, i see a spelling mistake or 2, a symbol typed in error, and for the most part, a grammatically correct post.  after reading through the rest of the posts, all i can say is.....SHEESH!  i can make neither heads nor tails of several posts, a few seem to have been typed with 'spell error' clicked on, and a few are so ambiguous, i'm not even sure which direction they are leaning......they're probably among those who voted for obama because they sang that name to themselves & thought it was a celebratory song ;-).

oh yeah, my point was.....why does no ham believe 7.5kw & more can be produced by a CBer, and take a guess how many hams exceed 1500 watts....time to go back to the RADIO.  bye.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »

All the doubters really have to do is a quick websearch.  

48 2SC2879's latched up can be purchased for less than $4k these days.  Filters?  Firm bias? Surely you jest.  

http://www.nonamecb.com/NoNameCB-Amps/NoNameCB-Amps.htm

Claims 8.5KW keydown on the Bird.  

Couple that up with two or three alternators and a rear end fulla forklift batteries and another keydown maniac is happy as a clam (and RF irradiated).
K5CQB

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2009, 08:55:45 PM »

K3VW,
"find the law that gives local law enforcement officers, the power to investigate (and arrest), violaters of Federal laws dealing with CB operators that have been complained about by their neigbors!"

Hmmm, I would like to see the warrant-less arrest exception for that one, lol.  The most likely situation would be a detailed report forwarded to the FCC.  

Jim, K5CQB
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »

These high power amp guys are NUTS!! Don't they realise what they are doing to themselves? I just don't get WHY they think they have to run that much power. Maybe they need to make up for the lack of something else. Like manhood. They think they 7,500 watts on CB to talk to a guy 20 miles away when I can talk around the world, when the conditions ae right, with about 10 watts...........
K5CQB

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »

We need to spread the rumor that holding the tip of the whip/ariel/tawlkin stick while transmitting will give you and extra 1000 watts.
hihi
k5cqb
KE2TR

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »

This guy is blowin smoke that he does not have. He talks the talk but does not walk the walk. Many years back like in the 70ies I work for Harrison radio for a few years, back then the CBrs had more money to spend on ham gear than most of the hams, I even know a fellow ham who sold his Alpha 77SX to a cber, now that puppy placed 3500 out on 11 meters dead key on a bird 43 with a collins s line or KWM2A driving it. This fellow had a better station than most hams but was a shame he never tried to get his ticket. I dont give a dam what the 11 mtr guys do myself as long as they stay on 11mtrs and back then most bought rigs like the FT101E which had 11mtrs on the bandswitch and cut the brown wire under the radios final cage to TX, that was the most famous rig used back then. Funny most of those guys would come in and asked about ham gear saying that they were buying a rig before they got there ticket but the reality was they were not getting any ticket and they already new about the mod. What was also funny was most blew a set of finals and the radio would come back in the repair shop in the 11 BS position, man did they ever get a big repair bill for the fix cause final tubes were not covered. There were many 2 step shops that did all kinds of sales on FT101E's back then, buying 20 to 20 radio's at a pop as a so called HAM Dealer. that was another joke but it was real. I think with todays economy most dealers will sell whatever keeps them going, money talks and BS walks. I dont think its right but it happens and the FCC does the same thing about it that it did back then which is nothing. So if you are reading this and you are on 11mtrs please keep the ole bandswitch were it is but once you think your gonna try bootlegging on the ham bands you will stick out like all get out, stay on 11 and enjoy yourself but just stay there!
KB1TBF

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2009, 05:32:08 AM »

CBer's are not all idiots. I am an avid CBer, thats what sparked my interest in becoming a HAM. I, however, do not operate ileagal equipment. I can see how one could be upset about interference in other bands, but that is not a problem in my area.
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2009, 04:13:50 PM »

it just go to show you that cbers is better then most HAM when it come to running a radio. most a the cbers i know are smarter then the HAM oparaters i know. just be cause you cant figgure out how to make a linyer run 7500 watt dont mean that a cber cant. if you ever need help with this just ask a cber. lol
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: