Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is better cb or HAM??? thanks  (Read 1169 times)
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2009, 02:53:45 PM »

hello! i am trying to memerize the questins and ansers for the HAM test and will be takeing the HAM test soon! but i am wonderring what is better cb or HAM??? i like the cb beacus the poeple is freindlyer and joke a round alot and i can shoot skip. HAM is okay but some a the HAM dont like cbers and are stuck up some times! and on the cb chanels you can run a linyer with big shoes for sure!!! alot a HAM only have only a 1 watt walky!! you cant shoot skip with a 1 watt walky!! lol!!! so my radio is better an some HAM on a 1 watt walky!!! all so cbers are better at emmergensys with the react club! look like HAM just put on a red vest an a hard hat and go beep de beep and QBQ QBQ but dont help with the emmergensy as much as the cbers!! but im trying to get my HAM but will still get on the cb chanel im a chanel master for a long time!!! so is cb better an HAM or is HAM better an cb?? thanks alot
K5END

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 08:10:35 PM »

Charles, my good trolling friend,

It is a matter of lifestyle.

I think CB might be a better choice for you.

Smiley
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 08:35:31 PM »

CB for you, ham goes with eggs.  With CB you don't need to learn syntax (that's not a cover charge for a strip joint) so get your vest and gaiters on and shoot skip and forget the beep de beep.
CB forever Charlie Brown.

Don't strain your brain!
KG6WLS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 06:29:29 AM »

yawn!
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 07:20:42 AM »

Oh, CB is way better for you. Don't waste your time memorizin no ham test questions.
KI4VEO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 08:29:38 AM »

For you, CB.

You can make up your own call sign, or use nothing at all.

Nothing to understand or memorize.  Have altercations with those that dump carriers on you.  Operate illegally with as much power as you desire, or can afford.

HAMS have rules and regulations which we are expected to follow.  CB operates with none of those constraints.

Shoot your skip on 11 meters.  The 10 meter band is not to be used on a shared basis with CB'ers - no matter what your buddy Jeff says.  It is for licensed amateur operators only.
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 03:11:25 PM »

Actually i enjoy a nice ham sandwich every so often but a nice juicy cheesburger with lots of lettuce, tomato, and mayo is the way to go.
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 03:13:43 PM »

:^P
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 07:37:49 PM »

my buddy jeff was makeing some constructoin for this HAM oprater house accrost town an he have a key so he can come in an work when this HAM oprater is at work so he call me up at my job an tell me get over their rigt a way!! so i tell my boss i got a go get my mom to the docter an go to this HAM house were jeff is at! i get in their an jeff got the HAM set runing full blast!!!! lol!!!! i ast him who he jaw jackin with an he tell me he is on a 20meters HAM chanel!! i ast him what it is an jeff tell me it is a HAM chanel that gets 2 times as far as the 10 meters HAM chanel!!! so my buddy jeff is on the 20 meters HAM chanel shootin skip into germany!!!!!! but the german HAM talk english!!!! but he talk funny! lol!!!! i never hered of this 20 meters HAM chanel befor is it new?Huh? we was shooting skip in france to!! i grab the mike an tell this frenchy why you hate the usa so much??? lol!!!! i tell that german HAM we kick his but in wordl war 2!! lol!!!!!!! man i like the 20 meters HAM chanel i ast jeff if i can get this chanel at my house an he say he will set me up this week end!!! i mite like HAM alot after all beacus it is fun to shoot skip in france and germany but there HAMS is not to freindly an dont like when i joke a round about world war 2 an what not! lol!!!!! is their HAMS in other countrys be sides france an germany??? man this is the best skip i ever shoot!!!!!! 20 meters HAM chanel any body hered of it??? thanks
KK7NF

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 09:46:10 PM »

...lampoon, or satire, and poorly executed. However, I freely admit to almost wetting myself when I hear a cb'r complain that when he keys up his amp his engine's computer goes down.
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 04:18:31 AM »

"I freely admit to almost wetting myself when I hear a cb'r complain that when he keys up his amp his engine's computer goes down."

Some time ago I watched a CB  enthusiast install an amplifier in his pickup. The first time he hit the PTT every airbag went off including those in the side panels.

Tanakasan
AI4NS

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 05:58:21 AM »

Do any of you recall the movie Caddyshack? Bill Murray and Chevy Chase are talking about Chevy's house, and he tells Bill he has a swimming pool. Bill thinks that is great, and then Chevy tells him he also has a pond, and a pond would be good for Bill.

My wife and I use this analogy quite a bit when talking about people. Some are pool people, some are pond people. The same can be said here as well. Some posters are pool people, some pond...

Mike
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 06:00:03 AM »

my buddy jeff set up a arial for 20 meters HAM chanel at my house and now i can shoot skip on the 20 meters HAM chanel! but i dont here KKZNF on their beacus he have a 1 watt walky an i cant here him! lol!!! may be my buddy jeff go over KKZNF house an show him how to work a radio!!! lol!!!!! then may be he can shoot some good skip in stead a wating for a parad to come by so he can grab his red vest an hard hat an 1 watt walky an stand a round going QBQ QBQ beep de beep where is the parad??? all day!! lol!!!!!! so all a you HAMS in germany an franse look out on the 20 meters HAM chanel beacus theres a new chanel master on the chanel an its me!!! lol!!!!!!!!! so ast for the brake befor you key up or remeber what we done to you all in worldwar 2!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you here me on the 20 meters HAM chanel give me a shout im N1BUST the one buster brown in the base with my new diapol arial!!!!! thats the best HAM arial their is!!!!!!! thanks
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2009, 06:12:59 AM »

HAM is much better tasting!  After all, it is the other white meat.  CB tends to be tough and stringy unless slow cooked.
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2009, 11:35:40 AM »

Amazing!!!  All this and a bag of chips too!!
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: