The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile mount for FT-817ND?  (Read 677 times)
KC8MWG

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2017, 01:15:37 PM »

Does anyone make a mobile mount for the Yaesu FT-817/FT-817ND? I am planning on buying one of these radios for portable/camping use, but they are small enough that if I can find a mount that allows for easy removal I might use it in place of my QYT KT8900 for mobile use, with the additional benefit of being able to use it in HF modes and not just 2m/70cm.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 04:11:43 PM »

Does anyone make a mobile mount for the Yaesu FT-817/FT-817ND? I am planning on buying one of these radios for portable/camping use, but they are small enough that if I can find a mount that allows for easy removal I might use it in place of my QYT KT8900 for mobile use, with the additional benefit of being able to use it in HF modes and not just 2m/70cm.
  You may be able to use a universal mount that is made for CB mobile radios.
KC8MWG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 03:16:57 PM »

Haven't seen anything likely, thus far...nothing that would do what I am looking for. The mobile mount for my old Kenwood TS-120S (which unfortunately there is no room to mount in my car) is more the sort of thing I am looking for. Secure, but I can flip a latch and easily remove the radio.
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 09:25:24 PM »

I recall the bracket for the Icom 22A/22S had a catch/latch you undid and the mount unhinged.  Haven't seen one in a while but it's a starting point.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
KH6AQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 05:00:37 AM »

Here are two mobile brackets.

http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-015310

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/07150817.html

K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 01:03:26 PM »

I recall the bracket for the Icom 22A/22S had a catch/latch you undid and the mount unhinged.  Haven't seen one in a while but it's a starting point.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM

Yeah, a suitcase type latch,  It worked pretty slick.  My IC230 I think had the same thing. Seemed like it was felt lined inside.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: