Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alinco DR-605TQ  (Read 1238 times)
KB9WRR

Ignore
« on: August 17, 2000, 12:46:28 AM »

Anyone have a 605TQ?  I've read all the product reviews.  Would any of you buy one knowing what you know after purchasing one?  Any good places to buy one?  Thanks in advance for the help?    KB9WRR
K3CGA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2000, 07:05:34 PM »

Hello.  I purchased my first Alinco DR-605TQ for use as my Base Station.  I liked it so much that I bought one for my mobile also.  It's a great unit for the money.  I purchased mine from HRO.

Good luck.

Joe
K3CGA
N6FM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2000, 09:25:24 PM »

I have DR-605TQ's, one in the car and one in the house. (The cloning feature works great, too!).

There are two issues I have with the radio, however both are minor inconveniences. One is that, unlike Icom, you cannot transfer the contents of a memory channel back to the VFO. While the frequency(s) and offsets that are in a given memory channel are more than likely already known, the CTCSS frequency may not be, and that "reverse" transfer capability would be a handy thing to have.

The other is the need to obtain a stereo sub-mini (in addition to the easily obtainable stereo mini) for 9600 packet...

Other than that, the radios have served well for the years I have owned them...

Ben
N6FM
KC0EAO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2000, 12:58:08 PM »

The 605TQ is a good little rig w/ just a few minor inconveniences.  I have no regrets about purchasing mine.  If 440 were more active in this area, I'd probably purchase another for my vehicle, too.  If you have any specific ?s about the 605TQ, please don't hesitate to contact me.
KD5MAW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2000, 11:21:44 PM »

I just installed a 605TQ along with a Larson dual band roof mount antenna system in a Ford Explorer last weekend. So far so good. Only pick is a nit: I sometimes get some case vibration when hit with a strong signal - think I can fix that though.

Gadget
KD5MAW
WA4ZQX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2000, 07:33:14 PM »

I bought a DR-605TQ a couple of weeks ago to replace a DR-140.  I am very satisfied.  It also makes a great scanner.  The crossband repeat is simple and easy to use, and you can get back to a repeater or simplex to someone through your car.  Leave it in low power because it will get really hot in high power, as well as run your car battery down! Gary, WA4ZQX
N2MDB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2001, 09:59:14 PM »

I have a 605 also and I really like it. The crossband repeat is a handy feature, for mobile and base use (I do both with the rig). I mounted it with some strong velcro to the top of my dashboard. The VFO and memory displays can be a little confusing at times, but otherwise not bad. My only real gripe with it is the fact that you can't use the DTMF pad on the mic to enter frequencies...you have to "dial" them in manually using the VFO dial. A pain for the initial programming when you get it.

Matt, N2MDB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: