Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile noise in ford  (Read 642 times)
KA3VVV

Ignore
« on: June 19, 2001, 07:46:52 AM »

I m thinking about buying a Ford 2000 to 2001 pikup truck. In i will be useing a icom706. In like to know if any one get noise from the fuel pump ford  would put a  filter in but it only last for 5000 miles. Is any one useing one of those DSP speaker clear speech to cut the noise out .
AL7B

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2001, 11:47:51 PM »

I cannot speak for the newer Fords, but I was able to kill the fuel pump noise on my '96 Explorer.  Simply placed a .01uf capacitor across the pump motor leads.  I soldered the capacitor across the leads and sealed with silicon rubber.  That was 4 years and 45,000 miles ago.

73, Dick
Anchorage, Alaska
KC0GUK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2001, 02:39:25 PM »

If it is with the V6, good luck.  Mine is a 98 F150
running a 706MKIIG with a Texas Twister 2000 screwdriver antenna and have tried everything in the book.  Best bet is to turn on the AM radio in the truck while you are driving it down the road and notice on a weak station if you are getting ignition noise coming into the radio.  I have been to the dealer 5 times to get this fixed.  Filter kit put in for the pump.  Worked a little.  Snipped ground lead close to the pump and ran to frame.  No change.  Sanded old contacts and added more ground strapes to fenders, tail pipe, and me(not really).  No change.  Changed plugs to a non platinum(champion resistor plug) and got a set of Jacobs plug wires($125) and still no luck.  S5-S7 noise.  No one has been able to find the problem.  It is all radiated noise because it all drops off once I take off the antenna.  I even get noise on 2M FM, thats how bad it is.  Good luck.

Chuck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: