Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6m 2m 70cm Mobile Antenna, which one to use? any1  (Read 760 times)
PE7JVB

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2001, 07:59:07 AM »

I bought myself a FT100 but, as I want to use in my car aswell, I would like to know what mobile multiband antennas are available and which one to use .
Is there someone out there who uses one of these?
KB9YUR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2001, 08:48:25 PM »

For the last several months, I've been using the Comet SB-15 Triband. It certainly does the
job and I've been able to hit repeaters up to 60 miles away running the antenna indoors.
Last weekend, when 6 meters opened up, I worked several states as far away as 1000 miles.
It's well worth considering !
George KB9YUR
Berwyn,IL.
AC3P

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2001, 02:26:59 PM »

I use an Antron 2m/70cm dualband mobile antenna in 6/2/440.

It's advertised as a dual band but the 5/8 wave 2 meter section also resonates on 6 with a good swr as a 1/4 wave.

Possibly any brand duoband antenna with a shunt fed 5/8 2 meter section will do the same.

AC3P
PE7JVB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2001, 09:24:30 AM »

George and Frank , thank you for the information.
I bought a different antenna opposed to the ones you suggested , but still a tri-bander. The Comet nor the Antron were available in the area, so its a Midland
W-627. And believe it or not the first one : was resonating approx. 5Mhz below the wanted freq. !?
(And I thought I'd gone mental when I was not able to get the SWR right.) So you see even antennas straight from the factory are not always what the should be,not even a simple GPA. So number two is on the vehicle now.
And it works aswell, when trying the not so small magmount I worked a EH station (Spain) while my car was in between houses! 1000 mls+

Thanks

'73

Jannes PE7JVB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: