Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VHF/UHF Installation in 2000 Grand Prix 4-door  (Read 734 times)
NS8Q

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2001, 04:56:09 PM »

I have a 2000 Grand Prix 4-door and I'm trying to install my dual-band Yaesu FT-90R in there.  With these new sportier cars, they don't have much room to install radios.  I have narrowed down the antenna to a trunk lip mount.  Is anybody familiar with this car and does anybody have ideas of how to install this radio?

KC8CAJ
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2001, 04:53:03 PM »

Sure, the FT90R is really tiny and doesn't take much space or require much support.  Mount it vertically on the right (passenger) side of the center console, below the dash and ahead of the passenger seat and gearshift area.  There's a space there which is large enough to mount the FT90R vertically, on a slight tilt so it aims towards you and you can read the display from the driver's seat.  

I just performed such an installation in a GP, it worked out perfectly.  The coax and 12V power cable can be tucked neatly out of the way behind the dash skirt (plastic cover pieces that are easily removed and reinstalled).

73 de Steve WB2WIK/6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: