Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: License plate mount  (Read 799 times)
W9JC

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2000, 03:42:45 PM »

Does anyone have any experience using the License plate mount from Lakeview products.  It looks like it my be the answer to my SUV mounting problem but from the ads and the "Short take" in QST it is difficult to really get a feel for how substantial it is and how it might work out in the real world.  I appreciate any comments/feedback. Thxs
Joe Carter, w9jc
N2HBJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2000, 05:55:14 PM »

Hi
I bought the Lakeview license plate mount in March and I can tell it is well made. If you follow the directions and make sure it is grounded well and it should preform. It is well made and sturdy.

Good Luck and 73,
Matt
K8OMA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2000, 09:52:31 PM »

I purchased the license plate mount in May 2000 and use it on my Buick Park Avenue. I use the Yaesu ATAS 100 antenna and it works great. It is very sturdy! Be sure to ground it good; I took a one inch braid directly to the car chassis.
K9SA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2001, 12:03:29 AM »

What antenna are you using on the mount?  I assume they should work OK with a Hamstick since Lakeview sells the Hamstick.  I'm just wondering how well it will work with a Hustler antenna and 20M resonator.  Does the antenna sway side to side much as you are driving?  

Skip
K9SA
KC6WCH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2001, 02:56:06 PM »

What I would like to know is what can be done to convert it for an NMO mount?  Are there any alternative license plate mounts that will handle an NMO mount?

Thanks,
Steve
KD5CZM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »

Please advise if this mount will interfere with the dual doors on my new (used) 1985 GMC Suburban.  I'd  like to hear from other ops who have a 'Suburbo' and how they installed mobile 2-meter antennae.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: