Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HQ-170 info  (Read 452 times)
AJ4CU

Ignore
« on: January 28, 2009, 04:12:59 AM »

Hi All!

I picked up an HQ-170 already disassembled and I am in the process of restoring it but I lack some minor information.
Since I did not tear it down I am not sure how the front panel remounts to the chassis, I know there are spacers and have them but I am unable to find any photos of the area between the structures.
Is there anyone out there that has one with the housing off that could take a couple of photos to aid me in re assembly?
Also where can I find some lettering transfers to restore some that is rubbed off.

73  DE  AJ4CU

Hari

W5RKL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 04:46:01 AM »

Do you have the 170 manual? If not it can be downloaded at the bama website. The steps to remove the front panel are listed in the manual simply reverse the procedure when installing the front panel etc..

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/hammarlu/hq170a/

Mike
W5RKL
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 05:11:30 PM »

Quite often the case that a close or magnified examination of the hardware, plates or escutcheons, etc. will reveal telltale clues about what goes where.  Look for the mark or ring made by a space being in the same place for years.  The dirtier the faceplate/chassis the better for this, often the dust or corrosion tells a story.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: