Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid question ya'll... but I can't find it  (Read 384 times)
KC0HJX

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2002, 01:34:13 AM »

I'm setting up my radios in my car.  At any rate, I have a 2m/440mhz antenna and a scanning antenna, and I want to hook both up to my FT8000... I plan on using the scanning antenna for listening, and switch to the 2m/440 antenna for transmitting...  At any rate, I've been looking at low-cost switches and see that they say "rated to 500mhz"   ... Here comes the stupid question part -- That 500mhz limit means its not rated to transmit above 500mhz, right?  Or does the reception that the radio will receive per the antenna rapidly decrease beyond that?  I guess my question is:  is that transmitting limit or transmitting and receiving limit?  Thank you!
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2002, 11:51:05 PM »

The "Rated to" means they were tested to that frequency. It does not mean they won't work above that frequency but that you can expect no gaurantees above that frequency as to loss, performance, etc. Try it and see how it works for you. It may be okay or lose some performance but you may not have enough of a difference to notice it. Good luck.
Frank
KL7IPV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: