Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SKYWARN -decals etc...  (Read 1014 times)
KD7EVS

Ignore
« on: March 11, 2002, 06:39:24 PM »

I've recently become an official member of my local SKYWARN assosiation...  I've been into spotting for a while so please don't reply with all the "spotting is dangerous" and it's not for beginners etc...

I've just relocated and am getting involved with a more formal system around here.  my questions are....

1) can you point me in the direction of a web location where I can find high resolution SKYWARN logos? -I need to print some stuff with that logo and I need to be able to print larger than the 2 or 3 inch logo most people have on their sites.

2) what's the best place to order SKYWARN magnetic decals for the side of your vehicle?

3) what is your opinion about useing a magnetic/suction cup   temporary flashing yellow light on your vehicle when involved in SKYWARN activities, especially when parked on the side of a road? -I've seen many different opinions, those that say absolutly and those that say absolutly not. are there any laws or recommendations from SKYWARN on this issue?

thanks

KD7EVS
KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2002, 08:01:46 AM »

Virginia RACES uses The Sign Man of Baton Rouge, LA for our decals and signs.  Rick makes custom signage for us and the quality is excellent.  Price depends upon quantity of course, but you might check his web site and look at some of the Skywarn items listed.

As for putting any sort of flashing light on your vehicle, even if parked, you must check your state and local motor vehicle regulations.  Many states and localities prohibit this for other than public safety vehicles or certain volunteers who are issued a government photo ID accompanied by a special motor vehicle license plate by the state, such as for volunteer firefighters, SAR dog handlers, etc.

73 de KE4SKY
Virginia RACES State Training Officer
K8JSL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2002, 02:06:16 AM »

http://www.skywarn.org
http://www.stormwarn.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: