Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Common 2m & 440 freqs  (Read 529 times)
N0XVZ

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2001, 09:05:48 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone has a list of the most common 2m/440 repeater freqs across the US.  I’m going to be doing some traveling and would like to not have to reprogram the radio every couple hundred miles.  I know CQ VHF Magazine (when they existed) did an article like this.  I think it was by Gordon West.  Anyone have some insight?

de N0XVZ
Steve in Tucson, AZ
KC5JK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2002, 02:58:03 PM »

Yes, it's called the repeater directory.  ARRL and others publish them nationally, and clubs and coordinating committee groups publish them locally.  They list the assignments for all the simplex and duplex channel band plans.  The band plans, without the station assignments, can be found in most good VHF/UHF publications.  You can probably find them on the Internet too.
KK7OY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2002, 02:37:15 PM »

Ditto on the ARRL repeater directory. Worth having. I'm in Phoenix and all the Arizona repeaters are listed on: http://www.kg7bz.com/azrepeaters/. List can be sorted by call sign, city or frequency. Worth a looky see. Enjoy. -73- Rudy KK7OY.
ASTEFFES

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2002, 10:01:52 PM »

The little ARRL book seems to always be off in my area.  I bought one and was disappionted that very few of the listings were accurate in the Bay Area.
  -Adam
KB1GYQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2002, 01:47:55 PM »

try http://www.artscipub.com/repeaters/
KB1GXW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2002, 04:49:40 PM »

You can also get the TravelPlus software (link at the bottom) from  the ARRL. You map out your route on a pretty good road atlas right on your computer. It draws a line along your route and then prints you a list of all the repeaters within a certain range to either side of your route. You can specify everything from distance to either side, what band and more. Highly recommended!

.ethan - KB1GXW - Boston, MA

http://www.arrl.org/catalog/index.php3?category=FM+%26+Repeaters">Travel Plus
K8JSL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2002, 02:33:41 AM »

Hey ASTEFFES,
   The ARRL repeater directory gets it information from the repeater coordinating bodies across the US.
 So if the directory is off in your area, cont blame the ARRL, better check with who does the coordinations in your area....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: