Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antenna mount for a Honda Accord and small one for  (Read 466 times)
KG4RNB

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2002, 08:53:52 PM »

Greetings,

I am looking at installing a radio in my car and would like some assistance and input from others that might have travelled this path before me.  

I have a 2000 Honda Accord Coupe with the V-6 engine in it.  I have decided based upon posts that I have read on this site and several others to invest in the Icom 706MKIIG transceiver.  This will serve as my initial home HF radio and also be located in the car for road trips.  This unit seems well adaptable for these dual roles.  

The question that I have is actually dealing with antennas.  First, what have other people done for antenna installations on a Honda Accord?  What modifications to the car would have to be made to ensure a safe and proper installation.

Secondly, since I live  in an apartment, I am planning on the 5 gallon bucket full of quickrete to support a single mast antenna on the patio.  Any suggestions on the best antenna for this installation as well.

I am looking forward to feed back on installation as well as antennas to choose from for both of these applications.

73s  

Mike KG4RNB
K7IHC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2002, 03:29:25 AM »

You may not like my solution, but I drilled a hole in my '98 Accord's trunk lid for an NMO antenna base.  This enables me to use any mobile antenna with an NMO mount.  Currently, I have a 1/4 wave 2m Larsen antenna on it.  I like the low profile of it.  I can always go to a 5/8 wave 2m or dual-band 2m/70cm stick if I need to.  A base-loaded 6m antenna could fit on it, too.  I was going to drill a hole for an NMO mount smack in the middle of the roof, but I got scared.  I'll see how the trunk lid location works out, first.  I can always use the trunk lid mount for a cell phone or scanner antenna and add a roof mount if I want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: