Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with FT-100d/ATAS 100 @ 10 & 12 meter  (Read 453 times)
KG4KRX

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2001, 03:37:03 PM »

Problem that I am having is that the antenna tunes, (manually and via radio), but when I push the PTT on the microphone mode=AM/SSB, the high SWR light comes on. If I try to transmit on FM instead of AM/SSB 75% of the time it works as expected.  

I have tried the obvious things like re-positioning the antenna, adding more coax (how much is TO much???) and adding some addtionional grounding to the antenna.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim
KG4KRX
KR4JA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2002, 10:41:35 AM »

Hi Jim,

This sounds like the common internal grounding problem experienced with the FT100D and not a problem with the antenna.  Check the product reviews here on eham for the FT100D, I think you'll find your answer.

Dave
Norcross, GA
WF6O

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 10:42:20 PM »

I had the same exact problem with my FT-100 and the ATAS antenna. I grounded EVERYTHING, and still couldn't get it to tune on 10 or 12. The problem? Not enough coax! When I re-mounted the radio from under the dash and installed the separation kit, I grabbed a 20-foot run of RG-8X I had on the workbench. I noticed it tuned to almost flat on 10 and 12 and went with that length of coax to finish up the installation. No problems since then. I orginally had about 6 feet of RG8X in the first installation.

Rick, WF6O
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: