Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HT Belt Clips  (Read 297 times)
KC8TTT

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2003, 02:47:04 PM »

I just wanted to let you all know about a nifty belt clip that you can modify for your radio, and have it finished in five minutes. I picked up one of those easy detach cell phone clips and holsters that has an easy release, and a swivel to keep the phone vertical at all times. The cell phone clip part had adhesive on one side to stick it to your cell phone, but since I did not want to put something sticky on my brand new VX-5RS, i drilled a hole in the clip the same size as the screw that held on the Yaesu generic belt clip and then screwed in the clip. Simple enough, now you just attach the holster to your belt or pocket and you have your belt clip that keeps your ratio vertical at all times (especially good for when you're sitting) and can easily detach the radio. The package I bought also came with a holster for the car so you can stick the car holster on to easily keep your HT in one place while you're mobile. I believe the Yaesu VX-7R has a similar clip that comes with it, but this is a cheap, and quick project for your radio for less than $10. Any quesions? Comments? Additions? Email me at justapersonuknow@hotmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: