Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu ft-1500m cable  (Read 671 times)
KG4UUH

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2003, 12:41:58 PM »

I purchased a yaesu ft-1500m used a few weeks back.  It came with programming software but no cable.  Does anyone know how to make the programming cable for this radio.  I believe that it connects to the mic jack and then to the serial port.  

Thanks,
KG4UUH
K9NYO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2003, 11:42:07 AM »

I don't have plans to make the mic cable, but I can tell you that I have bought 6-position modular plugs (RJ-11) and wire for these plugs at Home Depot.  The catch is that the crimping tool for these plugs is $37, but it's a good investment because most new Yaesu radios use this connector for microphones and separation cables.  You can buy a male DB-9 serial connector at Radio Shack.  All you need now is a schematic to make the cable.

Yaesu's part number for this programming cable is CT-29F, according to what I've read.

I've got a 1500...it's a tough little rig.  I plan on using the DIN connector in the back with a TNC to do packet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: