The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going portable with a Diamond SG7900...  (Read 887 times)
KB3JIA

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2003, 10:05:03 PM »

I would like to use my KW G707 with the Diamond SG7900 as a portable setup. Would anyone have any tips or hints on making this work?

KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 01:48:36 PM »

Real simple.  Go to www.hamstick.com and buy one of the mast clamp and radial kits with an NMO adapter and pigtail on it.  They also make these with 3/8-24 thread for Hamstick antennas for use on VHF/UHF.

Thread your mobile antenna onto the mast adapter and clamp it onto a section of TV mast. Connect the coax to the antenna pigtail and the other end to an NMO to SO-239 adapter threaded onto your vehicle mobile mount, if you have a permanent mount on the vehicle.  If not, then connect directly to the rig.

Locate the tripod away from the vehicle and safety clear of any overhead power lines and anchor it firmly to the ground with landscaping spikes. Then raise the antenna / mast assembly, adding additional sections to raise the antenna 15 ft. or so and insert the lower mast section into the TV tripod and operate.  Standard RACES field setup for stationary mobile relays.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: