Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adapter available for Kenwood style jacks?  (Read 345 times)
NEW2004

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2004, 02:03:21 PM »

I recently purchased a THF6A. I am a paraglider pilot. My problem is that my helmet has built-in PTT ear/speaker set up, but the jacks will not fit my Kenwood. (Most pilots use a vertex 150.)

Is there an adapter available that I could use or do I have to buy new plugs and do it myself? And if so, how do I know what to connect to what?

Any help from those with more experience than I (Which is just about everyone here!) is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sam
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 02:38:49 PM »

The plugs you need are available from Digi-Key and others on-line. You'll need schematics of the headset and the radio to make the necessary connections.

I see from looking at your profile that you do not have an amateur call listed. I take note of this, as well as the fact you are a hang glider hobbiest. Recently, the FCC fined several hang glider pilots for using amateur radio gear with out a license. One unfortunate young man paid $10,000 to get off the hook. Fore warned is fore armed as the old cléche says.

Alan, KØBG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: