Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 Honda Accord installation and recommendations  (Read 643 times)
AB2MH

Ignore
« on: December 11, 2003, 12:58:50 AM »

Firstly, I'm looking for a radio to put in my new 2004 Honda Accord EX with leather and GPS navigation.  Secondly, any ideas on where to mount it?  I was thinking of replacing the center cd storage compartment (below the climate control buttons) with the attachment that normally holds the tape deck or MP3 player and install my radio in there.  Other than that I'm thinking of a remote install.

Any ideas anyone?

Ryan AB2MH.
AB2MH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 01:00:23 AM »

When I mean I'm "looking for a radio", I mean I'd like recommendations on which to buy (i.e. which one would look nice with the interior as well as fit in the space I mentioned).

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 10:18:11 AM »

I see you are an Extra Class, so I assume you want to install an HF rig. I use an Icom IC706MkIIG which covers 160 thru 440. It has given me 3+ years of solid service. Other have used the FT100D with similar results.

Mine is mounted in a 2001 Acura coupe with a Navagational system and the only place I couple mount the rig was in the trunk. The control head is alongside of the center console just to the right on my knee. Convenient, easy to see, and out of the way in case of an accident.

While I use a 20 meter resoant antenna with an SG235 autocoupler, a good quality screwdriver would also give good results. Look up my call here on eham.net for a look at my previous installation.

Alan, KØBG

W7CO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 01:24:30 AM »

I just installed a small dual band FT90R in my new 2004 CR-V.  I installed it in the tipout bin at the bottom of the console.  I had to cut a hole in the bottom so that the coax could get out.  I am able to close the bin and the radio goes away.  I used an on the glass antenna on the right rear window.

Works real well and looks great.  Not sure how I would mount a HF antenna so have delayed any action there.

73's Mike W7CO
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 10:57:08 PM »

The FT-90R is the small radio and remote head also removed.so you can monted under the cd storges.if you can find the place to put it under the cd storge,you would not belive the radio is so small.i hope will help you,oh yeah you can also get the remote kit for the ft-90r,all thou ft-90r no longer on the market unless you can find one !

73's
jackie
KG4ORX
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 11:02:41 PM »

OR you can try the 706 mrk 2 g if it fit under the under the cd on the cd storge.not sure it will fit or not .i have 1990 honda civic dx.seems to work anyway...

73's
Jackie
KG4ORX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: