Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alinco EDX-2 and Icom 706 Compatability  (Read 1043 times)
KA5YJJ

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2003, 02:40:45 PM »

Can the Alinco EDX-2 be used with the IC-706?  I am sure that it can, but can someone tell me how to wire the controls? I want to use the EDX-2 mobile to tune a long whip.  I have done it with a SCG 237 but the Alinco has a different control system and Alinco won't tell you how to do it. I guess the want to sell radios too!!!! Thanks for any help.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 08:56:38 AM »

This question has been posted before, and I can't tell you. However, recently someone told me the tuner is made by Icom for Alinco. If this is true, then the wiring is the same. I'll have to look for my schematic and send you an e-mail or repost here. Sorry, I can't seem to find it right now.

Alan, KØBG

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 09:41:41 AM »

Now...we're assuming this thing is indeed made by Icom.

Order the Icom AH-4 control cable (Icom's search engine isn't working this morning, so I can't give you the exact part number). This cable plugs into the back of the rig. It has a male molex on one end and bare/tinned wires on the other and is about 12 feet long. the black wire is ground, the red wire is the 13VDC power, the white is the start line, and the green the key line. Once you open up the EDX-2, you'll notice a small screw-type connector on the left hand side (with the output terminal up). It is labled with both the colors and the descriptions. If not, the top is the black, then the red, then the white, and then the green.

You are on your own!

Alan, KØBG

K4PVA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 09:14:39 AM »

Tom, did you find the answer to your question? I also have  an EDX-2 and IC-706MARKIIG and would like to use both mobile. Greg.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: