Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TH 21AT  (Read 687 times)
KE7AZD

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2004, 10:11:39 PM »

HELP!!!!

I got me a Kenwood TH 21AT HT with no manual... If someone has an extra or the .pdf please let me know...

other wise I just need to know how to set the tones so I can get on a repeater...

Brian Ke7AZD
wuff@wuffman.com
K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 03:19:13 PM »

You *CAN'T* set tones of a TH-21AT.  The later TH-21BT had a set of dipswitches on the bottom front of the rig.  The TH-21AT came without PL capability at all.  An optional *Single Channel* tone board was offered but almost nobody bought them.

Methinks you need a newer radio.

Caity
K7VO
KE7AZD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 01:06:30 AM »

Then why does it have a 10 key pad and the a b c d buttons on the face?  It also has a tome button on the top.

Brian KE7AZD
K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 02:21:08 PM »

The 10 key keypad is for DTMF tones, not CTCSS (PL) tones.  A typical use for DTMF would be an autopatch.

As I pointed out before there is a (rather rare) single channel CTCSS board.  You would have to take the radio apart to change tones.  It's not dipswitch programmed either, so it is not trivial to change.  The tone button was an on/off for that board.

The TH-21BT replaced the TH-21AT and that rig added dipswitch programmable CTCSS encode capability.

Like I said, your radio is simply too old and too limited for what you want to do.

Caity
K7VO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: