Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1992 Nissan Maxima radio mounting.  (Read 682 times)
HAMANDBACON

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2004, 06:51:17 PM »

Hello,

I am interested in any ideas about mounting a Yaesu 1500M transceiver in a 1992 Nissan Maxima. The car doesn't seem to have a lot of mounting options as far as I can see. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jeff
KG4LAW
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 10:38:49 AM »

One of the problems with modern cars is the lack of dash space. What with SRS, 25 speaker equalized 6 disc CD/MP3 players and XM radio, to say nothing of a satellite navigation system, there isn't much dash left.

I don't think the 1500 is remotable, so you might think about replacing it with one that is. At least the faceplate is lighter and could be mounted using a cellphone mount or similar.

Alan, KØBG

K4IQT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 10:22:35 PM »

Take a look at my post about mounting an FT-1500 in my Audi TT, which has a lot less dash space than your Maxima.  Maybe that'll help.....
KE5ADB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 02:46:21 AM »

Been awhile since you've posted, but maybe I can shed some light. I have a '92 maxima. Have mounted a scanner, voice box for camera, a siren controller, a Relm slv40, and a Kenwood TM-241a over the parking break lever. Took a couple of old CB cases and drilled holes to mount the radios between them. And have a Galaxy 99 10 meter radio mounted next to the shifter on the right side with an swr meter above it, and an external speaker behind it. all of my other speakers are under the drivers seat mounted to the floor. I have the 10 meter antenna mounted on the left front fender, 2 meter on right front fender, mag mount scanner antenna on the roof, mag mount antenna for the relm on the roof, and the tv antenna is an old lil wil cb antenna mag mount on the trunk. My 13 inch tv/vcr combo sits in the passenger side floor (easily removable). Have everything powered by a 00 gauge wire running directly to the battery. and 00 gauge connects to ground. The radios that are mounted above the parking brake lever are on a hinge that secures to the center console just under the armrest to retain use of the parking brake. Don't know if this helps, but good luck. 73's
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: