The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC-W32A Power Problems  (Read 842 times)
KB2STE

Ignore
« on: February 19, 2005, 06:33:56 PM »

Hi,
   I have the above radio.  It was working fine, and I had no problem with it other than the battery not holding a charge for more than about 45 mins.  It then started acting up.  The voltage reads about 4.5V when turned on, and the screen looks like it is full contrast for everything.  The only way you can read it, is to tilt the radio.  After a while, the display goes to normal.  It does transmit, but not very far, I am not able to bring up a local machine that I was before.  Thinking it might be the battery, I replaced it with another one (brand new) today, and it is still doing the same thing.  Has anyone had this problem before, and if so, what do I need to do in order to correct it.  Is there something more than a hard reset that has to be done?  I really like the radio, and was using it until this.  I received it from a friend.  I have an HTX202, and a 404, and now this radio, which I prefer.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks, and 73's
Don
N2IK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 08:58:52 PM »

Find a ham with a W32A who will work with you. Let himm charge your batteries on his radio and charger. Then let him test your batteries in his radio. IF they are good, you know your trouble is your radio or your charger. Then test a known good charger on your battery and your batteries. IF that works its your charger. IF not, its your radio. Charger power leads often get intermittant, look for this.

Judicious use of a DVM can shorten this process some.

Best of luck.

Walt N2IK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: