Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chevy Avalanche Antenna mounting conundrums  (Read 542 times)
KO6LG

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2005, 09:48:49 AM »

Has anyone mounted an HF antenna on an Avalanche yet, these things have so much plastic it is difficult to find a good spot for my Hamstick antennae, I really don't want to chop into steel, but am at a loss as to what to do, any suggestions???

Thanks, Jim WA7JV
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 10:53:14 AM »

Depends on how you have it configured. http://www.geotool.com/antmount.htm has stake pocket mounts for every popular truck. They come in a variety of different configurations.

If you want an extra 4 S units forget about the Hamstick and purchase a good-quality HiQ, Tar Heel, or High Sierra antenna.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

WA5UHK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 04:13:53 AM »

Have you considered a 2"x2" piece of angle across and level with the back bumper?  You can use the trailer hitch receiver to hold a custom welded receiver bar; drill the angle iron on each end and add two 3/8-24 mounts with quick disconnects and with coax pigtails on them just long enough to get inside the SUV/truck.  (Drill and tap the angle iron for a #10 stainless machine screw for a ground strap near the receiver...you may or may not need it.)   Then you can put any type antenna back there; two of them.

When you need to haul a trailer just unscrew the coax pigtail cables, quick disconnect the antennas and remove the receiver bar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: