Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda Element with Icom 706  (Read 341 times)
N7GCO

Ignore
« on: December 25, 2004, 06:54:48 PM »

Has anyone installed a Icom in a Honda Element? I tried but had a lot of motor noise in the audio. Also questioned where the battery & alterator were large enough. I used #6 fused wire to and from battery.

Would like to hear from someone who did it and it worked well.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 06:23:16 AM »

One good thing, the Element has a 140 amp alternator so power isn't a consideration unless you plan on high power (>500 watts).

The ignition "type" noise you hear isn't all ignition. The injectors sound almost the same. Beads help some as does shielding the wires with 1141 3M copper tape. You might want to look under "COP" on my web site.

DX Engineering sells the proper mix and sizes you'll need. And don't forget the bonding. Bonding lowers the ground losses and also helps curb the extraneous radiators like the exhaust and tail pipes.

Good Luck

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

AB2MH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 07:35:45 PM »

I thought the Element had a 105A alternator (even on EX trim models)?  140A seems a bit unusual as the stock alternator for that size of vehicle and engine.
KC3BB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 04:34:20 AM »

Alan is correct, at least for the 2003 model Element.  It has a 105 Amp alternator, according to the specs in my Service Manual.

Dave,
KC3BB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: