Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question of automatic antenna tunner installation  (Read 344 times)
ON6WFO

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2005, 08:02:12 AM »

Hi guys,
I will install a 102" whip on my front bull bar. Meanwhile I will try to mount the ATU into the winch compartment on the bull bar.

My question here is, how long the ICOM AH4 automatic antenna tunner can work in this situation. I think there is vibration when car is running. So will it damage the internal components? Or shall i mount something between ATU and bullbar to decrease vibration or shock?

any suggestion is welcome.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 05:04:12 AM »

Visit my web site and look under installs. You'll see the exact installation albeit with an FT40 Yaesu.

In reality, the AH-4 is very rugged, and I have not heard anyone who ever had any problems no matter where they mounted it. The only consideration with respect to the AH-4 is the cable packing nuts. They do not seal tight and moisture can get in. This means you should install it with the packing nuts down, and make some provision to protect it from direct spray.

Incidentally, several of the SGC models can actually be immersed without damage if the seals are in place. For more information, visit my web site and look under Antennas.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: