Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uniden BC350C Scanner  (Read 542 times)
W0FM

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2005, 10:26:43 AM »

Over the past 40 years, I've owned just about every scanner ever manufactured.  Recently I picked up an inexpensive Uniden BC350C for use on the boat.  It's a compact and sensitive receiver.  But, unless I am missing an important clue in the manual, programming this radio has to be one of the most time-consuming, difficult and frustrating processes I've encountered.

There are no "direct entry" keys for entering frequencies.  It appears you have to scan for a while, stop the scan, then use the UP/DOWN keys to fine tune whatever frequency randomly appears in the display to the desired frequency.  It's like spinning the wheel on Wheel of Fortune!

Does anyone have any tips or shortcuts to getting frequencies into a BC350C in something under 60 days?  Thanks.

Terry, WØFM
KC0VCU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 07:07:44 PM »

Just read through the owners manual, and it looks like you pretty much have identified how you program that scanner. I don't even see an indication that you can clone from another radio, or program it from a computer.

-Rusty - kc0vcu
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 07:56:41 AM »

Thanks for the reply, Rusty.  I got it done last night buy using the process I described in my post.  It took forever.  You are correct.  There are no provisions for cloning or PC programming.  

I had to press BAND to select the band to be programmed, then hit the SEARCH button, then the HOLD button to stop the search somewhere, then use the UP/DN buttons to fine tune the frequency that randomly appeared in the LCD screen to the exact frequency I wanted to program.  At that point, I hit PROGRAM, then PRIVATE, then select the channel number I wanted to put the frequency in, then hit PROGRAM again.  Multiply that times 50 channels!  Whew!

The guy who invented this process must have done it as a joke.

It's a good thing that I won't need to reprogram this radio as much as I do my other scanners Shocked)

Take care,

Terry, WØFM
KD5VHZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 11:07:50 AM »

I'm still using an old BC560XLT for that very reason (on VHF / UHF only of course).  Sometimes progress isn't a good thing.

Doug KD5VHZ EM15
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: