Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone know how to wire this microphone ..  (Read 1286 times)
K6REA

Ignore
« on: March 11, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »

hi guys,

does anyone out there know how to wire a Kenwood MC-60A microphone to the Kenwood 820s transceiver ?

the mike has an 8 pin plug currently on it, and the transceiver has a 4 pin female.

thanks,
Kevin
K6REA
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »

You read the owner's manual for both and figure out which wires are most important.
K6REA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:08:21 PM »

really Huh no kiddin ??..... wow... i would have never thought of that..

Come on buddy... I thought someone might have it off the top of their head so I wouldn't have to take the time to figure it out.

that is what hams do for each other ..

kevin
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »

<<  I thought someone might have it off the top of their head so I wouldn't have to take the time to figure it out. >>

In other words, you are lazy and want someone else to do the work FOR you?

<<that is what hams do for each other ..>>

Really, I thought we taught other hams to think and do for themselves?  That is the key to actually learning something.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

HINT: The 4-pin connector is for audio hot, audio ground, PTT hot and PTT ground. The manual will tell you which pin is which.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
K6REA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:55:59 PM »

that's not lazy my friend.., that is called smart.

Anyway, I got the answer from another helpful ham...
Gordon-N6WK..
in case anyone else wants to do this, here it is..
I use a Kenwood MJ-84 Adapter. Make sit very easy. No rewiring required.
Available here:  http://radioleo.tripod.com/leo/id25.html

If you want to rewire it here goes.
8Pin    4Pin
Pin 1   Pin 1
Pin 2   Pin 2
Pin 7   Pin 4
Pin 8   Pin 3
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 06:21:22 AM »

<< that's not lazy my friend.., that is called smart. >>

When you make a statement like "so I wouldn't have to take the time to figure it out", that's just plain lazy.

Now, if you had said "I CAN'T figure it out and need some help" I would call that smart. Smiley

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
K6REA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 03:51:09 PM »

trying to find a method that has already been figured out is not lazy..., in the business world, that is called very smart.

thanks for the help guys.
Kevin

KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 05:52:32 PM »

Explains what's wrong with the economy and the bidness world, eh, Lon?
KB4WEC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 07:16:10 AM »

Sounds like the "New" way most Americans think now day's,,,why do something ,,if you can get someone other to do it for you ??
Why work at a job,, if "bama" can get goverment money sent to you ,, from the people who are still getting up at 5:30 a.m. and going to work ?
The guy is from California , (speaker of the house) state.
KB4WEC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 07:17:09 AM »

Sounds like the "New" way most Americans think now day's,,,why do something ,,if you can get someone other to do it for you ??
Why work at a job,, if "bama" can get goverment money sent to you ,, from the people who are still getting up at 5:30 a.m. and going to work ?
The guy is from California , (speaker of the house) state.
K3JVB

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »

Huh?

I get up at 5;30 and work DX...then go to work !
Only time I get to play radio during the week...LOL
W8AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 08:17:10 PM »

I would have helped him out, or if feeling the request unworthy of my consideration, would not have spent alot of time contriving a flaming condemnation posting on here. That's just me.  
K6REA

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 08:56:13 PM »

some of you guys, sure are amusing.

Kevin
K6REA

KC0JEZ

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 05:30:52 PM »

Sounded to me more like  "If someone's already DONE it, why do it again?" Why even HAVE a forum if everyone should always just figure it out for themselves?

Although I've read eham articles for some years now, I've never read the forum until this week. If the general consensus of people here is "figure it out for yourself" perhaps I'll refrain from ever asking a question myself.  Heaven knows I better not ANSWER anyone's question!

Tim in Bovey
OLDSWAB

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 03:30:48 PM »

You know, I am not a ham but I bet I could have figured that wiring out quick. Some new Hams just think they can pass the test, get a license buy a radio and now I am a Ham. Well maybe I am missing somthing but in the test they take is there more to it than just formulas on different questions of electricity? I wonder if maybe they should also include a test on how to read schemetics. I would think that some one who has the ability to pass the written exam. should be able to go from point to point on a print! Come on! In the posting above I saw the very good example of some who think it is not required to read prints or drawings. Why? Lets go back to basics. Fourty years ago, when I started repairing electronics I was taught how to read a schemetic. That was when tube was king.Take notice this Old Swab still can repair from a schemetic and wire a microphone.  Fair winds and calm seas.  Ted
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: