Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TH-F6A Case. Does a decent one exist  (Read 517 times)
KA6FJR

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2006, 01:14:54 PM »

I've had multiple problems with the overly tight case that Kenwood sells for this radio.  I've had to replace the PTT button, the jack case (twice), and both switch buttons (MON and Light).  I've had to replace the SMA connector because the antenna center pin broke off in it.  I try not to pull on the antenna when I take the radio out of the case but the fit is so tight I must have done so a few too many times.  

Now the display is losing lines in the center position of the three digit channel display.  This may have resulted from overheating a component when I replaced the SMA connector or might be from grasping the radio so tightly when putting the case on or off the radio.  

Kenwood only sells the belt clip and case as a set.  The clip breaks fairly easily when the radio gets caught just right by things like chair arms and the like.  Now I have two overly tight cases and two cases that are too tight and I've spent $40 getting here.  

Is there a decent and functional case for this radio available?  I haven't been able to find one and could use some help.  
N2IK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 06:34:15 PM »

Check out Raine. www.raineinc.com and google on "two-way radio holster" and "two-way radio case" and you will find several manufacturers. Raine radio cases are stocked by some ham vendors and many uniform and military equipment dealers and Raine will sell direct by mail or internet. I use their radio, cellphone and pager cases for various uses. They have a pager case that is just perfect for the batteries for my Icom IC-W32A.

73 de Walt N2IK
KB9WQJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 07:46:18 AM »

I'm currently using a Nite-Ize case...works fine even with the Kenwood metal belt clip still installed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: