Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wtbgood cheap antenna tuner for 857d??  (Read 783 times)
VE7REN

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2007, 06:42:32 PM »

i have a ft857d on a hustler multiband antenna for the truck. i want a good cheap. antenna tuner that can interface with the radio. any suggestions?? nothing fancy,but must be reliable!! thanks.
K4KWH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 07:01:29 PM »

Um, you didn't specify manual or auto-tune, but if you are looking for auto-tune, I'd go for the LDG Pro series. I have the AT100 autotuner and I L-O-V-E this thing!! I am "ruirnt" (ruined or spoiled) as an old Southern boy would say! I would not want to have to go back to spinning dials and setting up the antenna on frequency again!

K4KWH
VE7REN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 08:28:39 PM »

i want autotune. i looked at the ldg tuners. they look to be very good for the price. and i think they can wire to the 857 so i can use the radios tune button?? i will have to look and get more info. thanks
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 06:08:33 AM »

It depends on what you expect out of the coupler. If you're planning to use it to retune you Hustler from one band to another without changing the coil, it won't work.

Yaesu makes the FT-40 auto coupler which plugs into the 857. It will tune a 102 inch whip from 40 through 10 meters, not problem. The efficiency isn't all that great, but you will make contacts.

If you want to do more, I suggest you got to my web site, look under Auto Couplers.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

VE7REN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 11:28:41 AM »

alan, ive been to your site many a time,but cant find the answers to some of my questions,therefore i ask on here . i DO HAVE the 80/40,10 meter coils mounted on the bracket to use all 3 at the same time,so to speak,i would not be trying to retune 1 coil for different bands,but i think ive come to the conclusion to get the z100 for the truck, move my mfj949 into the garage radio room,and get the 100 pro tuner to go in main room.what i wanted to know was if anyone out there has the configuration i am wanting to try,and give me pros and cons to its performance with the 857d. thanks and i will research somemore. ve7ren brent.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 12:32:13 PM »

Brent, I send you an e-mail to your listed address here on eham.net with a little clearer explanation.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

VE7REN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 06:14:55 PM »

i got it . thanks alan. ve7ren brent
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: