The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RM HLA 300V HF Linear Amp for mobile HF Ops.  (Read 3160 times)
N3XQ

Ignore
« on: February 24, 2007, 06:32:35 AM »

Would like to buy an RM HLA Amplifier for mobile work. Does anyone know if there is an RM distributor in the U.S.?

73,  Tom N3XQ
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 09:15:50 AM »

There isn't, and there most likely won't be. All amplifiers sold in the USA must have FCC certification. The HLA series do not meet the requirements for certification.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 12:04:54 PM »

I looked into this amplifier sometime back, but decided to look again as I didn't remember all of the parameters. It uses four 2SD1446 finals, which are rated at 60 watts each. That's only 240 total watts out, yet they state it will run 300 watts out RTTY, and 500 watts PEP in SSB. There's even a schematic on line if you search for it. About all it amounts to is a CB amp. It uses RF keying, which in itself isn't bad, but if you down load the schematic you'll see the real reason it'll never get an FCC okay. Look close at the filter board.

I have all of the current FCC numbered units on my web site under amplifiers. there are a couple more than need to be added, but they are not FCC approved. Yet.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

KB3ITG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 07:19:23 PM »

A company in Louisville, KY called HY Electronics sells these amps.  I've heard of several people that use this amp on HF and they say it works good for them. Here is the link http://www6.mailordercentral.com/hyelectronics/prodinfo.asp?number=HLA-300&variation=&aitem=1&mitem=2

Hope this helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: