Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu VX-9R  (Read 3357 times)
KC2LNA

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2004, 11:42:07 PM »

The rumors on Rig Pix dating back to April 1, 2004 were dismissed as April fools about the VX-9. Any idea when the VX-9R is coming out if at all? What kind of features can we expect VX-7R's successor to have?
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 10:18:49 AM »

As I've said many times; if you want to know what is on the horizon, check into CQ  Japan's magazine's web site. You might not be able to read Japanese, but the specs are all in english. Just click a few links and be surprised what you find.

http://www.cqjapan.com/

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

KC2LNA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 08:59:28 PM »

OK Alan, thanks for mentioning that AGAIN! lol
KC2LNA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 09:01:05 PM »

Man, did you take your medication today dude? That sight is as navigational as a junkyard is. Sheesh
KC2LNA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 09:02:06 PM »

Hey Alan, why so cranky?
KC2LNA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 09:11:17 PM »

I hope you got a surge protector on that 20 foot mast you've got on the acura lol. That things screams "lightning strike" oh no...... lol
KC2LNA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 09:14:45 PM »

So geek boy, do you always walk around patronizing people? I've always said, "The only reason hams exist is because there's a bunch of people with low self esteem who lack people skills." Is that you, Alan?
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2004, 09:48:51 AM »

Cranky? Who's cranky? If you frequented this site, you would have seen this link posted about 20 times over the last couple of years. They used to have an english version, but it went away a few years ago.

If you search around the site, you'll find the links easy enough. In the upper left hand corner are the descriptive links for all of the new stuff, and you'll see the VX9R listed. You can usually bring up the specs, but when I tried it on the VX9R, it didn't work.

When the Icom 7800 was announced I wasn't surprised as I saw it on the site nearly a year ago. In fact, the new Yaesu unit is there now for all to see.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

VA3FNI

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 08:29:39 PM »

Yes the new Yaesu will be a HF/VHF/UHF All Mode HT with 6 watts.
Oooooh Yesssss when will technology progress.
PHER

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 10:43:01 AM »

Can you please help me finding the information in http://www.cqjapan.com/ ?

Perhaps a direct link, I am not able to find the info?

Thanks, SM5YGP
N2JTX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 08:17:56 AM »

I see this thread has not been updated in a long time. Obviously there has been no news release about the phantom VX-9R and the cqjapan.com site has nothing about it either. One note of interest is that a Google search for VX-9R will return a link to HRO's website at www.hamradio.com. Viewing the source to the page shows hidden strings for "VX-9R", "FT-958" and a few other recently announced rigs.

With Dayton a few days away I was hoping it may be announced then. I have not purchased a new HT since I got my FT-530 back in 1992 and would like to get a new HT. I was going to go with a VX-7R(B) but when I heard about the possibility of a VX-9R I have decided to wait.
KC4FOX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 09:30:10 AM »

Dayton is again a few days away, though this thread has seen a few years pass.

Any rumors on a 530-like replacement? A high end full-duplex capable dual bander with many of the newer technologies? I had higher hopes from Icom, but they didn't want to put in a duplexer...

Besides, the Worlds Best Alarm Clocks (the two 530s I use) are starting to wear a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: