Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I-Box 7000 not working with HS-1800/Pro  (Read 367 times)
KQ6UP

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2007, 08:29:13 AM »

I just installed the HS-1800/Pro on my Jeep. The I-Box 7000 controller seems to be DOA. It is not operating the antenna motor. The motor in the antenna is working fine (I can connect it directly to the battery and it operates fine). However, I am not detecting voltage at the butt connector coming out of the box when I plug the controller in my IC-7000. Does anyone have one of these critters? I have tested the voltage coming out of the rig with a DVM and the plug that came with the radio.  There is 12V between the grey and the red wire as per the manual.  I also took the box apart and tested it.  There didn't seem to be any voltage reaching the box, but when I tested the continuity of the wires from the DIN plug pin to the box I had continuity (really wierd).  Do you think the pins are not making contact in the back of the radio, but the OEM connector is making contact.

Chris KQ6UP
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 11:55:56 AM »

Why are you asking here?

Give Jim Heath at High Sierra a call. He's the BEST source to go for when having a problem with one of his products.

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KQ6UP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 09:49:38 PM »

He won't be back until the 24th, and if it is an easy fix, I wouldn't even need to trouble him.

TNX
Chris KQ6UP
N5DXL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 01:58:53 PM »

Chris,
I had trouble with the controller box on my Sidekick,
found out if I would rock it from up/down only then
would it start. It seems for what you pay they would
have a better controller box, I replaced it with a
Turbo Tuner which works great with my IC-7000.

Tom - N5DXL
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 06:03:16 PM »

If you measure voltage at the connector on the radio and no voltage inside the controller box then I'd say you have a cable or connector problem.

When you measured continuity, did you read close to zero ohms? Make sure you don't have a high resistance connection in the cable. Did you wiggle the cable while reading continuity to make sure you don't have an intermittant connection?

Are the pins in the 4-pin molex pushed all the way in until they click? If a pin is not inserted correctly it could back out and not make connection when you push the connector on the radio. Also make sure the pins on the radio side don't push back into the connector.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: