Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VX-7R Memory Confusion  (Read 1409 times)
AB3MT

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2007, 03:06:39 PM »

I was wondering what I was doing wrong. I programmed my VX-7R with the computer program. Now I can't figure out how to change settings to channels in memory on the fly such as PL tones and DCS codes everytime I set it and change the channel it reverts back to the original programming. What am I doing wrong?
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 06:47:59 PM »

I don't think there is ANY computerized radio that is easy to program. But ... One solution is here: www.niftyaccessories.com

I don't have any affiliation with these folks, but I can tell you their manuals simplify the procedure; If for no other reason, they're written in English, instead of Engrish!

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 07:51:43 PM »

After changing the PL you need to re-write the memory location, as any changes you make directly are temporary.  If you switch channels and go back without specifically saving the new data, it will just recall what you originally programmed in.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
AB3MT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 04:48:43 AM »

Any idea how you re-write the memory location. I can't figure it out. I have read the manual and searched for the solution on the net and I can't find it. I know how to make a new channel in memory but to re-write one I just can't get the channel in memory to stay the way I changed it.

KB1LKR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 06:56:34 AM »

With Yaesu's FT-60 you hold the F/W key down for >1 second, select a ch # to save to (or let it save to next free # -- not what you want in this case), then press F/W again to write. It is probably similar for the VX-7. It's easy to make a change (e.g. power level) and then forget to rewrite though.

Yaesu has their manuals online as .pdf's if you lack a copy.
N8MME

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »

You have to make any changes while the radio is in the VFO mode.  Then write that into the memory channel number that you originally had for the frequency you want to change.
AB3MT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 01:35:54 PM »

Storing a Frequency in a Regular Memory Channel

In VFO mode, set up the radio for the signal you want to use, including frequency, tone, and power. You can store these into any of 450 memory channels, for easy recall. Note: this radio has a number of other types of memory channels; here we use only the "regular" channels.

•  Press and hold Mon F (keypad, upper left) for ½ second. Release an IMMEDIATELY rotate the Dial knob (top of the radio, right side, below the narrower volume knob) to select the memory channel.
An asterisk * next to a channel number means that the channel is currently empty. A channel number without the asterisk has setting stored in it; you will overwrite those if you select that channel to store.

•  Press Mon F again to store the settings.

•  You will be returned to VFO mode.

N8MME

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 05:15:37 AM »

Then you press the V/M key again and you will be back in the memory mode at the channel that you just altered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: